God #1 Family #2

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Aug 17, 2009.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I still don't get what is so hard to understand about God coming before family and why anyone who believes that way would be reluctant to admit it.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Without hesitation. Wife of almost 19 years. Two daughters, 14 and 11. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that all four of us will be in heaven for eternity. It would be pretty cool to get there a little early.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

would you be nervous that one of your daughters or your wife might give up on god and end up in hell? in fact maybe the sadness of losing you would make them lose their faith.

i am going to hell, and i am am decent guy, it can happen to anyone.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXR1Lwj01go&feature=related]YouTube - ACDC Concert Part 2-5 Hell aint a bad place to be[/MEDIA]

Been there twice. Perhaps we have mutual friends keeping the place warm...

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

belief in God != religion. :yelwink2: Much of his comedy involved attacks on religion.

Parroting is not quoting.... and no.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I would not be nervous in the least. They wouldn't be sad, they would be envious and excited. Think about what you posted. God came into my house. Pretty awesome!

So, if you know you are going to hell, why not do something about it? Why choose Hell?

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah, i know what parroting is, and Bill believed in God, although he may not have been a christian. I don't believe in God. Big difference. Alot of his comedy didn't attack religion, but pointed out the inconsistencies. Most was directed at fundamentalist christians who believed the Bible was the exact word of god. But allow me to parrot Mr. Hicks again as you so eloquently put it...

LSU Deek are you a christian?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

why not. i lots of folks that are atheists and are going to hell and their parents do not know it. like i said, it can happen to anyone.

oh yeah i forgot that part, i didnt realize that the kids would also see god. i doubt they would lose their faith if god came to visit. but what if he only talked to you, perhaps he took your life in a car accident, so as not to arouse suspicion.

i am not choosing anything, god is. i am just a rational person who believes in reality. if it is true that god sent his only son here and that we need to believe in him to go to heaven, then i am screwed. i cant believe in that no matter how hard i try.

how was i to know which of the virtually infinite religions are true? god didnt help me out at all. and now i dont believe and god will burn me for eternity if christianity is true. seems a bit mean of of god. but not unexpected, as the god of christianity is a particularly horrible and vindictive scoundrel.

and what if i do believe in this stupid jesus crap, and it turns out some other religion was the right one? man, this is complicated.

1 person likes this.
  9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

martin, you are one of my favorite people on this board, but atheism seems like one giant copout to me.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

God knows that man is conflicted as to which religion is right. I think he believes as long as you believe in him, it will you life choices he judges you by. We are in his likeness and will be with him. He gave his only son so that this question would never come to be. God would not ask you to choose.