Go on... defend the jackass's attacks against London's Mayor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jun 5, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I hope Comey comes out and says that. He would also incriminate himself for not doing a fucking thing about it.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=tru...ome..69i57.21542j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If I read it right,.. Trump, by invoking executive privilege, could stop Congress or other government investigating agencies from interviewing Comey,.. and after invoking the privilege, "the president can direct current and former government officials to not divulge information"... it's gonna be hard to stop Comey from telling his story to the press though,.. what's Trump gonna do, tell him he's fired?

Trump could invoke executive privilege, though it could be challenged in court,.. and it could backfire on him,.. if Trump is shown to have, "engaged in obstruction of justice, according to some lawyers, Executive privilege cannot be used to "cover up government misconduct",.. another log on the fire

3. GiantDuckFan

He took detailed meeting file notes, and spread them around to his people, Comey has covered his ass.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It still incriminates himself as the head of the FBI did nothing. If anything this shows malicious intent.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Comey, as a civilian with nothing to lose, could just ignore Trump's executive privilege.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

LOL... no. It's a common practice, and was to be expected from someone as detail-oriented as Comey.

7. GiantDuckFan

At the time he was in favor with Trump. 123, I'm gonna paraphrase, just to give you the gist of Comey's explanation.

At the time Comey thought that Trump's remarks were inappropriate,.. Comey thought he could manage the situation however, and didn't want to make a big deal out of it,.. as he saw Trump as an outsider who didn't know the rules of the game, as they pertained to the proper relationship between the President and the FBI director, he thought he could steer Trump away from being inappropriate, from crossing the line.

Again, those are my words not Comey's.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Which of the two do you believe, Trump or Comey?

9. GiantDuckFan

"Monty, I'll take what's behind curtain number three"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    el005639 and KyleK like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea, just like a women who wakes up and "regrets" sex. This is the part where you should call a spade a spade.

Ball is in your court.