Global Warming and Harvey

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Aug 23, 2017.

1. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Tell art student to go to VCU ! Terrific school o f the arts and it's where NY kids go when Julliard is just too pricey. Seriously, have her check it out, top tier school and thats not just be cause im an alumni.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I knew a guy who went to the Chicago Art Institute. He gpt drafted into the army and sent to Vietnam. When they found out what a good artist he was they pulled him from his infantry unit and put him to work drawing propaganda cartoons for the Saigon newspaper.

StaceyO likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes! I see TCU stickers in car windows a lot these days. I have some good friends whose daughters are looking for Christian schools and apparently, word on the "Christian" street is that TCU isn't really all that Christian. They spent this week visiting Baylor so I guess that one is one the Christian approved list, lol.

At the college fair last year, TCU won my daughter's vote for best colors.

That's pretty awesome. I'ma need all the help she can get.

I bet she'll earn what she wants. It will be awesome to hear how she does. Best wishes for both your babies. It's a great time but a little sad too.....roots and wings.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wouldn't want to send my Christian daughter to Baylor with their record of sexual abuse and the covering up of said abuse. TCU isn't all that "Christian," but those kids have a good time there. :)

My younger kiddo wants to be a set/stage designer, and she's setting about to "build her resume." This past summer, she attended our district's theater camp for middle schoolers at one of the senior high schools. She was in hog heaven, coming in every day covered in paint and having wielded power saws and drills while building sets. She actually won Best Technician at the camp, which gave her a scholarship for the $500 camp next year and it got her invited into Advanced Theatre at her school (without having to audition for it.). Her theatre teacher told her she might be his stage manager for their production of "The Addams Family" in November (she was part of props crew for "Bye, Bye, Birdie" last year.). I will definitely have to let her fly.

5. StaceyO

I'm sure we'll be checking out other art schools as the time draws near (she's a 7th grader now). One of my former students received a hefty scholarship from Pratt School of Design in Brooklyn, so I know kids who graduate from Plano Senior High can get scholarships to the big art schools. She can't wait to get to PSHS when she's a junior; they have an entire two-story building dedicated to just art classes.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What about the Rhode Island School of Design? Their nickname is the Nads and students chant Go Nads at their hockey games. If you're interested Google for a pic of their costumed mascot Scroty.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yo guys we all love Stacy but just wondering how a global warming and Harvey thread got to where Stacy will send her kid to school? Believe me she is more than welcome to bogart my post but maybe advise her to send her kid to a school where fake science is not taught to stay a little on message. Ah screw it will post another global warming thread ladies first is what I was always taught. All yours sweetie.

StaceyO likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Threads tend to do that. Just like real face to face conversations do.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My post was not seroius just having fun. Whatever Stacey wants Stacey gets

10. StaceyO

As it should be...

It's funny how seasons of life go, however. 10 or so years ago, there was a thread on here where we were discussing personalized license plates for Texas, as I was thinking of getting something LSU-themed. We had a poster, TheDude, who lived in Houston and had teenaged daughters. He did a search and found "LSU Mom" to be available to use.

I scoffed at the notion because I had young children (ages 6 and 2), and my vanity could not take having a license plate that looked like I, perhaps, had a child at LSU (though I was technically old enough even then to have a college-aged child). These days, I'm embracing being a college parent (though, now, many of my old high school classmates are already grandparents.). I got started later on being a mom at 31.