Given the choice, which offensive scheme would you like the see 11/9? Two choices...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Oct 31, 2013.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

...if you don't mind.

Would you rather see the offense put in a position where they have to score early, the game ends up with passing attack accounting for most of the yardage—a UGA type of game.

Or, a game that mirrors the approach taken against Florida?

"Which one of these approaches has the greater chance of winning" is more what I'm curious about knowing some would rather see a smash-mouth football game regardless (hard-fought contest.)

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think we need to have more of the UGA output and pacing.

We are unlikely to keep you from scoring like we did with Florida, so we will need to outscore you.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd rather run it down your throat than get all pass happy.

Herb and didit like this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I think you have to spread the Bama defense out and exploit their weakness in the secondary. This is not saying abandon the running game. I think spreading the defense will also help the running game. Mett in the pistol formation and some shotgun could give him some extra time as well. So more like the Georgia game, however, spreading the defense out instead of bunching everything between the tackles.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Because you are a fan of that type of game?

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I would like to see Hill have a hundred + yards and someone other than OBJ and Landry to make some plays down field. LSU needs to work in another pass option.

I think Bama is going to play a deep safety unless they can't stop the run. Mett, don't make the same mistake 3 more times.

gyver likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU has run a balanced attack all season long. That will not change. LSU can go with a passing attack if it needs to score quickly or it can go with a power running game if it needs to eat clock and preserve a lead. I think our young defense is going to give up points to Bama, so I suspect that Les sees the need to score early and often.

gyver likes this.
  8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The only way that LSU wins is by engaging into a shootout. If Les tries to win with a running attack and defense, LSU will lose by 3 TD's.

A shootout is the only way LSU has a chance. I just hope that Leslie can see that.

red55 and HalloweenRun like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Definitely, but I think if you control the line of scrimmage and don't give the ball away your chances of winning are far greater than if you throw for a bunch of yards.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Score early and often. Defense gets some key stops. LSU prevailing in a shootout.

red55 likes this.