Give Peace a Chance

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by APPTiger, Dec 10, 2020.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Donald Freaking Trump's administration has made a peace deal that normalizes relations between Morocco and Israel.
    That makes four Arab countries acknowledging the existence of Israel and establishing trade relationships. Donald trump has been nominated for a Nobel Prize for his work in this arena. If he doesn't win one the Noble Prize will have lost whatever credibility they have left.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55266089

Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

He won't be getting any support from Winston or HWR. IconLOL.gif

Frogleg, fanatic, APPTiger and 2 others like this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Too bad it is an award largely influenced by politics. How on earth did Obama win one less than a year in office?

Frogleg and APPTiger like this.
  4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Obama got his for being black AND president. That's what I meant by "whatever credibility they have left"

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Actually he should get credit for the peace deals that are breaking out. He did two things that brought it about. First by moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem he ended the argument about the city and allowed the Arabs to drop the Palestinians. It’s counter intuitive but true.
    Second by pulling out of the Iran treaty and taking a very hard line with them he showed that they could count on our support. Likewise Bebe Netanyahu took enough steps to show the Arabs that they will be better of as allies against Iran than enemies. Iran is the greatest threat to the Arab states.
    One of the biggest threats is that Biden will fuck it up by re-entering the Iran agreement.
    You idiots have such one track minds you can’t see nuance if it hit you in the mouth. Yes I think Trump was an execrable excuse for a president but I have alway given him credit when due. I applauded his court picks, I approved of his tax cut and a few others. I also voted for him in November. However I recognize reality and am not blinded by propaganda......he lost and Biden will be sworn in in January. Guess what I’ll be holding Biden to the same standards I held Trump and Obama. I don’t expect much from him except poor decisions and dangerous policies. @shane0911 remember I bet you $500 that in 2024 a Republican not named Trump will be president with Republican majorities in both houses. That’s worth fighting for...not an orange faced idiot

6. USAFRet66.86

Are you calling me an idiot?

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Only if you fit the mold.

8. USAFRet66.86

I'm trying to play nice, but you're pushing the envelope.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That bet only stands if this election is allowed to be stolen by the leftist

Winston1 likes this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Wrong. His inroads in the mid-east are positive. The President is, among other things, the guider of foreign policies, and if we get a win, or wins, he should and does get the credit.

Winston1 likes this.