Ginsberg died!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dachsie, Sep 18, 2020.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

@Goodlifetiger
    sounds like you don't read enough FOX

Trump University-related lawsuits settled for $25 million
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-university-related-lawsuits-settled-for-25-million

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Friday (a 2016 article) agreed to settle three fraud lawsuits linked to Trump University for $25 million, FoxNews.com confirmed.

Trump's legal team negotiated the settlement with New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and the law firm that brought a class action lawsuit on behalf of students who attended the for-profit school.

“In 2013, my office sued Donald Trump for swindling thousands of innocent Americans out of millions of dollars through a scheme known at Trump University,” Schneiderman said in a written statement. “Donald Trump fought us every step of the way, filing baseless charges and fruitless appeals and refusing to settle for even modest amounts of compensation for the victims of his phony university. Today, that all changes.”

Schneiderman said the $25 million to be paid by Trump or one of his business entities includes restitution for students and $1 million in penalties to the state.

The settlement comes just days before a class action lawsuit in California was to begin.

:cool: research it and you'll see that, the judge of the class action lawsuit in California, had just green lighted, bringing forth a motion to increase Trump's liability to $150 million, I believe it was,.. not a coincident he settled days before that trial was to begin

Definition of con man. : a person who tricks other people in order to get their money : con artist.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I do not read fox, I watch it. You found some civil suits. People sue all the time settle them. These are civil not criminal. Being a duck you should know that. No criminal conviction, not a criminal. You are helping the false narrative.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

If civil action was criminal, OJ would be doing life for murder.

4. GiantDuckFan

spin it anyway you want,.. he's a fucking conman

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All politicians are con artists. Trump's con artist skills serve America well when he negotiates better deals with foreign. You are never going to see Donald Trump send a planeload of cash to our enemies like Hussein Obamahammed did for Iran

6. GiantDuckFan

I'm sure you're very proud of him

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I just asked my dog who his favorite supreme court justice is. He said: 'RUTH!' Then I told him she died and he changed his answer to Sonia Sotomayor

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So often these are settled civilly as a means to let the victims receive compensation but also for the perpetrators to avoid criminal responsibility. Had Trump not settled (and he personally signed off on the settlement) he could have faced criminal charges for fraud.
    You’re using the everybody does it excuse. Come on people recognize the difference between norms and the very aberrant behavior Trump has exhibited his whole life.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Megalomania is not an endearing trait. And he tweets mean things. Whatever he did in his businesses in the past as president he has put Anerican interests first.

There are skeletons in everybody closet. The skeletons in Biden's closet may be a bit underaged.