Gilbeau is a Turd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Listening to Gilbeau on Finebaum this guy is a weasel and a turd. Hes knows nothing about football and will be a distraction and a hinderance to our program. He actually said O's offense wasnt any difference than Miles.

islstl and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

essentially he is correct, the offense was the same plays as under Miles. the difference was the execution and the desire to use more than 3-4 plays from the book

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Well he is kinda right, just that O got more out of it than Miles.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

How so? Have we lost any recruits or games as a result of what he's written?

kcal likes this.
  5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

If what Guilbeau said about our offer to Jimbo is true, that we only offered him 6 million, then I agree with him 100%. Fisher checks all the boxes. You gotta do better than that. You aren't getting a national championship coach at an established power like FSU for a modest raise (relatively speaking).

You have to wow him, like we did with Saban in 2000.

As far as his comments about the offense, we DID do better against the bad defenses, which before we stunk against everybody, so there is still that. We stunk out loud against Bama and Florida, though...

If O gets a great coordinator, we could be OK in the short term, but the biggest truth Guilbeau told was that guys like Saban and Fisher are their own coordinator. You only really have to worry about the other coordinator when you have a coach like that. O is like Miles in that he needs two strong coordinators and the fact is, you aren't gonna hold on to those guys for long.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Jimbo wanted 10 years at 6.8 is what I read.

Fuck that.

7. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Except jimbo and herman were playing us for a pay raise. One from FSU and the other from Texas.

Also who else out there other than maybe WU's coach is a guy like saban/meyer? I don't put fisher in that category b/c he has looked pretty mundane with out winston

didit and Winston1 like this.
  8. Guido Merkins

So, you think if LSU comes at Fisher with an offer of 7 million, they have no shot to get him?? I don't believe that...

9. Guido Merkins

OK. Then you get what you pay for. If you are a top 5 program you pay.

If there is nobody out there that you think is worth that money, than IMO, you hire a young offensive mind like Fleck and not to Orgeron, who isn't a guru on either side of the ball.

10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

1 Jimbo isn't worth 7 mil for 10 years
    2 no I don't think he was coming here. I think he wanted to throw the hook in the water and see how stupid we would be and try to chase after him. Also why would he leave, its not like he is facing sanctions by the NCAA or the base is turning on him. It doesn't make sense.

lsu-i-like likes this.