Getting the train back on the rails

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 1, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He had Jimbo. Look to his boss first.

HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Have we thrown a screen pass this year? I know we only threw 6 when Les Miles was here but I wasn't sure if we have thrown any this year.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

The recipe to stop LSU is the same its been for 10 years. Stack the box (they will run right at you). Every defender knows it. It is literally the easiest offense in the game of American Football at any level to defend.

lsu-i-like and stevescookin like this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Thats what really soured me on Miles...it was like he had a grudge against Fournette.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

I thought Canada was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, but the quarterback is not passing, and the offense looks the same or worse than last year. Also, Aranda was terrific last year, but now it's like no one knows what a football is, or how they're supposed to defend.

tirk likes this.
  6. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

LSU has traditionally shown that they play down to the level of their (easy) opponents. I used to fly down from OHIO (I do not like Ohio State!) for one game a year, and it was usually a game that LSU should win handily, and yet it was the same thing. "Oh yeah, they're a nobody, a nothin' team, it'll be easy", and yet LSU would fall behind (surprise) and have to fight back to win. I figured the same thing would happen with Troy, so I wasn't too surprised to see that Troy had scored quickly. But it kept getting worse, and the team looked like they didn't know what to do, and the coaches seemed to be at a loss, too. I hope this was a wakeup call for the coaches and the players. Right now, I think a lot of people will be surprised if LSU wins another game all season....

HalloweenRun, tirk and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I totally understand the uproar. It doesn't sit well with anyone on either side of the argument that we lost to Troy. Good team, good record etc doesn't matter. We should have beat those guys. Should have controlled the game. Not the other way around. Not at all removing the coaches from the equation but there are just a lot of factors at play here. That's just the facts. It's everything at once. A measure of patience by our fan base would serve well. But I guess that's why we're considered fanatical.

Got some significant players returning to action and things are looking up on the injury front. Team is getting healthier. That helps a lot. And I do believe the displeasure over the season has echoed through the football facilities. There's little question that no one is happy. Let's see what kind of effort we get in Gainesville.

I believe this team, if they play to their abilities, can win this game. I think it's going to be a fight. The Tigers really need to start fast. I believe that confidence and attitude are everything. The Tigers are young. They will ride the emotions of the game. So better get on the board early, put some doubt in the hometown crowd and knock down the noise a bit. If it goes the other way, however, it could be a tough day. Florida also has their reasons to want this game. Given the storm of this past week, LSU has every reason to want this one more. Felipe will be without his #1 target which puts a lot of significance on the performance of our Defense. Freshmen QB's get rattled.

And our D Line gets much needed help this weekend.

ParadiseiNC, LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

Well said! It will be bitter sweet for me. I took the Gators on the money line. Besides, with the money I've won on the Tigers misery the past 3 weeks I'll still be up if we decide to show up and actually pull out the win. If we go beat the Gators in the swamp after losing at home last year and the shit show we have seen this year so far, it will be the best money I've ever lost.

Heart says we can pull it out. Head.....not so much. Don't want to sound negative, just a few factors. 1) Day game. 2) I think we lose the battle in the trenches 3) Butterteeth has Les Miles rabbit foot. 4) Haven't seen anything from LSU yet this season that shows me we can go win this game.

So if we do, it will be because we've played our best game of the season.

I hope getting Lawrence back helps but I think our issues up front on defense are bigger than just missing one guy. Is Alexander back? Herron? I haven't heard.

Also neither Guice or Williams are 100% and we haven't shown that we can be a passing threat against relevant competition. Florida defense isn't as good as the last 2 years but still probably the best defense we have have faced this year. It's going to come down to heart and grit.

Make no mistake, I'll be rooting against my money this Saturday at 2:30 on CBS. Oh ya, no more Vern either!

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Guice Williams and Lawrence are all going to be limited. All were sore after practice Wednesday so it could be up to our 3rd string RB as our HC liked to call him.

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you ate too many cheeryO's

stevescookin likes this.