Getting the train back on the rails

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 1, 2017.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Harsh!

2. HalloweenRun

I agree with most everything said. The biggest problem is the culture. I think the LSU program has been so great, for so long, best unis, best stadium, that most of these kids see the goal as getting on the team. Once there, well, they have achieved.

The goal should always be to kick azz and win the championship.

It takes coaching, erhhh, effective coaching to set the climate, to make sure these prima donnas understand that making the team ain't squat, that the only thing they are there for is the NC.

Oh yeah, the pitiful offensive and defensive lines are shit, too. I hope we devote 100% our our recruiting to the "unglamorous" guys in the trenches. Geaux Tigahs!

Winston1, stevescookin and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm tired of the fucking excuses. You know depth and youth are fine excuses when you lose a close SEC game. You lose 21-10 to Alabama on the road, you can talk about not having enough horses. That's legit. There is no excuse to lose to Troy. None. If the entire starting lineup got sick and couldn't play you still don't have an excuse to lose to Troy at home.

kcal, Winston1, LSU_4_LIFE and 4 others like this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

1. The o-line stinks. There is no depth; Eleven "rated" OL, four of which are freshmen is not going to cut it in the SEC (Bama has 19). Recruit. JUCO if you have to. If not talent then at least bodies.
    2. The blocking scheme stinks. Many of the run plays depend on a pre-snap read off of the jet motion and the MLB is left unblocked. That might work in other conferences, but not in the SEC where MLBs run 4.5s.
    3. The passing game stinks. This "Fuck it! Chuck it! Football!" craps needs to go. Short to intermediate passes, let the athletes get their YAC, and how about a damn screen every now and then? The line is porous as fuck; Use that! Screen!
    4. LSU isn't winning a championship this year. Get your next QB some real time, but don't throw him to the wolves. A full quarter per game should be plenty.

HalloweenRun and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Our lines were getting blown up from jump. That's want, not depth.

kcal and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

This.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I read that, too, after I posted my thoughts. Kind of surprised. He must have thought the same thing I was suggesting prior to Troy. One half is probably not a good barometer, but they did score more in the second half. I'm actually glad to hear he was trying to think outside the box and try something else, something that worked in the past, rather than remain stagnant. At least that shows a fire to win.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

LSU_4_LIFE, TigerTap and stevescookin like this.
  10. HalloweenRun

To paraphrase Herman Goering, "When I hear the name Alleva, I reach for my Browning."

Just remember he is considered incompetent and in over his heard by the other ADs in America!