Georgia / Missouri Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 22, 2018.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I watched most of this game and Georgia is a quality team but they have some holes that can be attacked.

I watched their interior lines and neither are dominant. Without blitzing a lot they weren't getting much pressure. Missouri qb with a little touch could have completed some screens for big yardage early in game.

Don't get punt blocked and that horrible call for their first Touchdown and you see a closer game.

I still think Georgia would have won but Missouri ran the ball decent and you cant turn ball over.

Underneath routes were open all day. And the receiver in the first half hit right in the hands and caused a turnover for points.

Georgia is a good team but they are not the Georgia of last year. Lost some quality linebackers.

LSU will need to do what they did to auburn. No turnovers. Couple of big plays and play quality defense.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agree on all points. Also I noticed they struggled with Mizzou #81. Not sure if he is a TE or WR but he was lined up all over. Big physical receivers seem to give UGA fits.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They are no where near the Bama lvl IMO. LSU can win for sure. We have a much better D than Mizzu. Have to protect the ball.

upload_2018-9-22_16-56-22.png

4. CalcoTiger

oh and if one of my players flipped the ball out before he reached end zone or even came close he would be met on the sideline and givin the asschewin like my dad gave me when I did something stupid.

I could guarantee that the next week in practice the entire defense would run sprints of 100 yards long with footballs in their hand while that kid watched them. Then the players would handle it.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Balls said the Queen.....the thing is, he didn't have a little touch.

Special teams are part of the game, sometimes THE most important part. If GA hadn't missed 2 field goals.....

They're younger. Some weaknesses but yes, still a very good team.

I think it's worth noting that Fromm had an atypical off-day, completed only 80% or so of his passes. And UGa is the only SEC team to have completed 2 conference road wins. Only 9 overall have even had a conference road opponent. UGa will have 2 weeks at home vs TN and Vandy which should let them rest and heal up a bit.

furduknfish likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I watched some of it. Did not find UGA to be all that impressive. Certainly not #2 worthy. Could have been playing down to the opponent could be something else.

I'm not going to judge them off of one game.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Georgia lost a lot on defense and on the O line and the loss of Michel and Chubb is like losing Fournette and Guice. They still have an elite qb and scattered great players and young talent.

8. CalcoTiger

my point is if LSU or anyone plays clean games where they don't allow those type plays on special teams and Ga was vulnerable on those plays where they max blitz. Missouri didn't execute them but bama or another quality qb might not miss.

And not sure sec games even against the weaker east teams can be called rest games.even at home

They have a quality team and against the weaker east will definitely make it to the sec champioship

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Certainly a rest compared to playing Sakerlina and Mizzou on the road.

I don't believe in that being a definite but let me break today's game down more specifically.

Their Mike, Monty Rice, didn't dress and a couple of other safeties didn't make the trip. When they go nickel, which they did all day, they use safeties as a Star on the slot receiver. Mizzou's big tight end had a good day. UGa missed DeAngelo Gibbs and William Poole, both big bodies in the Star. #26, Tyrique McGhee is a liability at the Star. They finally rolled DeAndre Walker over there and he shut it down but he was missed on the edge.

UGa definitely missed Monty Rice and that's the one position where they lack quality depth. #44 is a senior but he's nowhere near the missile Monty is.

Field goal kicker rarely misses and he missed 2 today. 11AM start isn't great.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I didn't watch but damn that's some good analysis. Congrats on the win last night.