General Milley

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Sep 15, 2021.

1. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Will you believe the Republican House Leader?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/politics/donald-trump-mental-health-mark-milley/index.html

And here's the thing: Milley wasn't the only person who noticed a change in Trump's behavior in the wake of the election. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a loyal ally of the President, felt the same way. Again, the Woodward/Costa book sheds light here:
    "The book details a private call McCarthy had with Trump the night before Biden's inauguration. According to Woodward and Costa, McCarthy told Trump, 'I don't know what's happened to you in the last two months. ... You're not the same as you were for the last four years.'

Winston1 likes this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it doesn’t matter what they thought might happen

at all….

fanatic and Frogleg like this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the anti trump books come out every 6 weeks with regularity. niggas out here selling books

fanatic, Frogleg and shane0911 like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you learned well….

LSUpride123 and shane0911 like this.
  5. seabrookcajun

Retired general defends Mark Milley’s calls to China on Fox News: 'Being sensationalized'
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...fox-news-being-sensationalized-081219071.html

“I don’t see anything that is undermining the civilian control of the military,” Keane said. “If you took the facts, that are, I think, being sensationalized in this report, that would be an issue, as you (McCallum) just regurgitated here. But that is not what the Pentagon is reporting. It seems to be pretty much in sync with what we're used to seeing.”

One of the main things causing outrage among some is the report that Milly made these calls in secret, making some believe he was undermining Trump, as has been the message in some segments on Fox News’s primetime shows. But Fox’s own Jennifer Griffin reported on Wednesday that the calls were in fact not secret, and that they were coordinated with multiple high-level Pentagon officials. It was even reported that Trump’s Secretary of Defense Mark Esper took the lead in the first call.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You eat Chinese crawfish too don't you?

shane0911 likes this.
  7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

No different than any other president. There are always post presidential term books.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well there’s a cogent comment. Of course it’s not surprising coming from you.
    As to the call. My earlier comment was based on the first reports that implied he made the call on his own. That would have been reckless.
    However even though the call was not private or on his own initiative I still think it was wrong. There’s nothing in what I’ve read that showed Trump was talking about anything of the like. Even is Trump was unbalanced until he indicated he was thinking of trying something with China the call wasn’t warranted. Neither was it a coup or treason.
    I still think he should resign as he has shown bad judgment and a tendency to kowtow to the political winds. That isn’t what we need in a leader.

seabrookcajun likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Dude, you literally sat here and told us Jan 6 was an insurrection. Your opinion is void.

Further, what could Turmp have done? Do you retards actually think there is a big red button lying around? Are you guys actually this dumb?

Biden is running around crapping in his pants and having brain locks on TV and you guys think Trump had some sort of magical power to go and bomb China.

WTF is wrong with you people. Absolutely dumb.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. seabrookcajun

Thank you for some logical analysis and reasoned thoughts of the situation. It's like a breath of fresh air on these boards.