GBU-rKansas (The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 12, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

GOOD
    >LSU stands pat at #12 per CFN:
    http://collegefootballnews.com/2017...g-games-predicted-final-records-after-week-11
    > Putting Arkansas away after a tough loss to Bama. If Eaux can win out, very pleased with year one. 500th home win.
    > DJ Chark (4-130 & 2 tds)
    > Donte Jackson’s sack:
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/watch-since-lsu-db-hit-qb-hard/
    > Devin White had 14 tackles
    > Will Wade is 1-0 and the team looked good against a bad opponent.
    > Finished Stranger Things Season 2; liked it.

BAD
    > It sure would have been nice to see Brennan at the end. Still, Etling had 217 yds, 2 tds, 0 interceptions, and a couple of nice scrambles. 11th all time passing, closing in on Booty. Tied for 5th with 20 consecutive starts.
    > Guice was in the game too long. Still, Guice had 147 yds (7 yds per) and 3 tds. Tied for 5th with 11-100 yd games.
    > Bama beat MooU after quite a scare. MooU maybe benefitted from a bruised Bama, but their offense is more complete at this point. I like that it takes the luster off Bama but doesn’t boost the cowbells too much. Don’t love that AU controls their own destiny; Bama needs to win that game (in ugly fashion).
    > Lost TOP 28:54-31:06; Hogs had some painful sustained drives on Aranda

UGLY
    > No ST coach and 3 misses at point-blank range. At least kicker #2 showed up this week. Coverage was pretty good on STs.
    > Passing game in the second quarter.
    > The Golden Boot - It’s nice to win another ugly trophy (see Magnolia Bowl or whatever), but why can’t we have nice trophies in this billion-dollar industry?
    > TV announcers were brutal.
    > Ben Simmons didn’t learn anything at LSU; GTFO, man (though I don’t have an issue with players bypassing college - I guess that isn’t allowed anymore, ala Lebron?); at least you contributed to the demise of the program which led to Will Wade:
    https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/ben-simmons-thinks-season-lsu-033031181.html
    > #MeToo is exposing bad behavior in Hollywood; I’m a bit reluctant to side with millionaire victims, feminists, and PC police, but forget these dudes who let power get to their head

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    HalloweenRun and Bayou Tiger like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good: O line just continues to get better, some mistakes but a damn good game overall. Guice, 147 and 3, fine day at the yard. White, Donte, Lawerence, Gilmore, all had good games on D, and of course Chark was clutch.

Bad: I think Etling played well overall but a few of his throws belong in the ugly. Having an 11 am kickoff.

Ugly: special teams.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bad - Etling in the first half
    Good - Etling in the second half
    Ugly - Connor Culp

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Tackling was pretty bad I thought. White missed a number of sure tackles. Everyone did though.

Blame the 11 am start!!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I thought the bad tackling was about too much focus on trying to strip the ball rather than just tackling the guy.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

BAD
    > All these LA kids making a name for themselves elsewhere who could make a difference at LSU; we’ll never get them all, but need to get more of who we want. Apparently this year’s recruiting class is a little lacking. I’m hoping we’re doing a better job of getting needs and less concerned about stars, but stars matter too.

7. lsu-i-like

With all the emphasis on TOs, doesn’t seem like we’ve gotten many.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I just meant on those individual plays, rather than bring the guy down, they were trying to strip and the guy kept churning. You're right, though, we haven't gotten many TOs this year. DJack missed at least 2 INTs yesterday.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He missed on the int's. Maybe it's his hands and that's why the coaches don't find some offensive eole for the fastest man in college football. But other than that he was a beast yesyerday.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Arkansas always has a few Louisiana kids. High school talent in bubbaland is pretty thin. The announcer said their tall QB is from Lafayette and at first nobody could understand him calling signals because I his Cajun accent.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    lsu-i-like likes this.