Gayturds crying about Fournette 'punch'

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 18, 2015.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Funny I've never seen an openhanded punch before. Gators will cry about anything.

fanatic likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

Jim McElwain said "it's kind of like a badge of honor, they had to fake one to beat us"

Well Jim, had LSU kicked a field goal there the final score is 31-28 LSU so not exactly.

Brian and Cajun Sensation like this.
  4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Serious ? here. Is an open handed slap to an opponent's head legal? I know the old Deacon Jones head slap to the O-Lineman's head is illegal in the NFL. I know as a ball carrier, you can't grasp the facemask of a tackler during a stiff arm attempt. LF did neither of those things. I'm just trying to see if there are any parallels here. I am not agreeing with the Gayturds here. I'm just curious as to whether or not it should've been called.

5. LaSalleAve

I say no. It was legal. Just a really hard stiff arm.

kluke likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That gator dude also had his hands all in LF7's face.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I thought it was beautiful. Not too pleased about all the hits out of bounds the refs allowed on our players. Florida has nothing to complain about with those refs last night.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What a bunch of pussies!

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's against the rules in the NFL. I'm not sure about college. Look up Decon Jones and head slap ...

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

LF responded to the tackler grabbing him by the head and trying to pull him down. Initially, the guy was going for LFs shoulder pad and yank him down, but his hand slid to the helmet. From the tacklers perspective, he's just trying to get LF down, but from LFs perspective, he was pissed the guy was trying to rip off his helmet. The brisk stiff arm/punch was a reaction to that. My understanding is that is perfectly legal in CF.

Regarding UF fans being a bunch of pussies in response to this, I can fully imagine this board exploding and complaining if that happened to our guy. All about perspective. They're not pussies, we just live in a social media world now where expression happens right away.

Personally, I liked seeing LF get a little pissed and run angry. He such a smooth and powerful runner, but if his determination gets notched up a bit, he could be unstoppable.

COTiger, lsu_dane, LSUTiga and 2 others like this.