Gay LSU football players?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Apr 20, 2013.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Another analogy could be as a comparison to a hetero marriage. I will always be attracted to women but made a "choice" to get married and hopefully spend the rest of my life with my wife.

If we want to play games with the definition of the word, I would say my "choice" to be interested in women rather than men is equivalent to my "choice" to be an LSU fan rather than a Bama fan. It's all I've ever known and is part of my DNA. I've never pictured myself with one of those Bear Bryant hats or secretly thought about saying Roll Tide. Their douche QB's girlfriend never appealled to me.

Wait a second, I may have just blew my own mind with the clash of my hetero world (not finding douche QB girlfriend attractive despite most opinions being positive) colliding with my anti-Bama perspective. Maybe she is really attractive but I'm seeing her through my purple and gold "Shallow Hal" glasses.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Got sidetracked a bit but point was that you have to be somewhat equally attracted to both sexes for it to be a choice. I think it's a very small % of the population that fits into this category.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think the same thing--it's not a choice.

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I don't understand the "choose to be gay" arguments. If you didn't choose to be straight, what makes you think gay people chose to be gay?

Well let me rephrase...I totally understand the sentiment from religious idealouges who reject anything scientific. I don't understand it from free-thinking individuals who obviously show the ability to weigh all things. If heterosexuality just comes naturally, which it does for me and most others, why can't homosexuality occur naturally as well? Sure, it's not akin to reproduction in 99.9% of all species, but I don't believe that makes it unnatural.

I won't get into the moral side of it, but I don't believe it's a choice for the vast majority.

Contained Chaos and StaceyO like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

5% to 10% of any statistically valid group is gay, they say. So 5-to-10% of the team is gay anyway, they just don't say so. And I bet they ain't sissies.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Bama AJ is the only gay SEC player I'm aware of, he smokescreens it well though.....and no question Ryan Lochte (sp?) the swimmer is too, all I have.

Contained Chaos and StaceyO like this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

If they play D1 football, they definitely aren't sissies. I wouldn't be surprised if each SEC team has at least one or two but I would guess that the % of gays playing football are a bit less than typical averages. I could be completely wrong but the overly macho and atmosphere of football (especially at middle & high school levels) may turn off some gays to the sport.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Sexuality is like any other human behavior. It is a complex mixture of genetics and up bringing. Most of the research seems to indicate that homosexuality is an epigentic trait that is trigged by unknown factors, and not a genetic trait hard wired into the DNA. In other words people are neither gay by birth nor gay by choice.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

But they have began linking other certain physical characteristics to homosexuality. For example, in males, there is a particular way that the cowlick swirls that is much more prevalent in gays than in hetereos. There was also something else concering your digits, but I can't remember off-hand what the link or tendency was.

Anyway, as I alluded to earlier, if you went to grade or high school with a dude that had a lisp or other effiment characteristics, there's a strong chance that he actually turned out to be gay. I know of several like that.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

There are many studies which contradict each other, but Dr. Dean Hamer, who is a leading researcher on homosexuality, says those studies are all pseudoscientific bullshit.