Gay LSU football players?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Apr 20, 2013.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

A pet peeve. Just because one does not agree with another one (no matter what or who the ones are) it does not make the person disagreeing a neanderthal, homophobe, or racists. I get weary of people/causes calling everyone that disagrees a fool, or worse, so to answer your question, I don't know about "right" but it sure pisses me off.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well it's not necessarily a matter of preference. Ya see, it's not feasible to put a cow's back hooves in a pair of boots- not to mention reach.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That's true for black boots because their opening is narrow...probably that's why Tiga always wears the white boots...you know the ole "Air Dardar", ;)

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I really wish Blue hadn't felt he needed to state his feelings on this personally.

Also, I don't really think homosexuality is a choice. I didn't choose to be heterosexual. I always, inherently, liked guys. I'm assuming homosexuals feel the same way, though some will stay in the closet through not wanting to deal with the ramifications of being gay. That may be the choice that's involved in homosexuality; I know more than a few married folks who seem pretty gay, for instance.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Agreed, I think he should just stick to answering football questions.....same goes for hollywood actors, noone cares about their sexual or political preferences.

6. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

The whole world should just enact a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

At the very least, they should be wise enough to avoid such polarizing topics when asked because it's almost always a trap, and football players generally aren't the best at articulating their thoughts on such matters.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Exactly. Many people who struggle with their sexuality often risk complete isolation from their loved ones, including their families. I've known gay people who've had their backs turned on them by their own friggin' parents. No one would choose to go through that.

I think that some people convince themselves that it's a choice to justify their stances vis-a-vis DOMA, DADT, etc. It's easier to discriminate against them if you think they chose to be that way, isn't it?

Winston1 likes this.
  9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Blue said all the wrong things in that interview.

For those that say being gay is a "choice", why did you choose to be hetero? Are you equally attracted to both sexes (i.e. fantasize about both) but just thought it made more sense to be a hetero and go the traditional route?

Contained Chaos and Winston1 like this.
  10. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Well...maybe not EQUALLY... ;):p