game decision will be made friday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Sep 16, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Just saw this posted elsewhere:

No idea if this is legit, but if so it seems that the conference is the deciding vote. I imagine they'll do their best to play the game as scheduled b/c the Nov. 6 alternative is, seriously, unfair to Auburn and the SEC should always look out for the best interests of both teams in such a situation.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

i think making the decision on Friday is a little late for this to happen.
    Everyone is going to be in a hurry to get there by kickoff.

I don't like it but Oh Well? :dis:

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I agree. The decision is too late. Barely more than 24 hours before kickoff. Bad business. Make the decision by, oh well, it's too late. Have to wait for the a.m.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

LSU-Auburn Decision to be Made Friday Morning
    09/16/04

BATON ROUGE -- The final determination concerning the LSU vs. Auburn football game on Saturday in Auburn will be made at a Friday morning meeting of Auburn officials with emergency and security personnel, LSU associate athletics director Dan Radakovich said Thursday. The meeting will begin at 8 a.m.

LSU, Auburn and Southeastern Conference officials held a telephone conference call on Thursday afternoon to discuss the circumstances and review the impact of Hurricane Ivan.

"All discussions pertaining to this game concern the safety of our student-athletes and our fans," Radakovich said. "Auburn must assemble its emergency management team and participating police to reach a final conclusion regarding the playing of this game."

Upon the conclusion of the meeting, LSU will immediately issue a press release and will post any pertinent information on its website at LSUsports.net.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

The delay could be used as motivational material for LSU, I hope they are pissed about how this has been handled.

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I knwo this is off topic but any one who has visited the gulf Shores area must know this. The Flori-bama lounge didn't survive Ivan. that place was an institution.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

They said on the news that Orange Beach and the surrounding area got the worst of Ivan. Flora-bama was cool and the only thing resembling a bar in the area, I'm sure it will be replaced/rebuilt somehow.

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

Yeah, it blows. I didn't pack or anything for the trip yet because I've been waiting on a decision. Now, however, I'll be doing everything at the last minute. Thanks Auburn.

10. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

Have you ever been to florabamas. I am not suprised it was blown away. It was made out of PVC pipe, duct tape, old plywood, tarps and whatever else the ocean washed up. That being said it was a cool place to hang out.

I was stationed at NAS Pensacola in 89-90 and crawled out of that place many a nights. Thats when it was the only thing out there. Not many hotels or anythinbg else for that matter. Just Florabamas and a Waffle house.