Game Day Superstitions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gyver, Oct 23, 2013.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

How many of y'all have a game day do or don't ?

I try and wear the same hat and Tshirt every game day. My gf bought me a hat and Tshirt when she took me to my 1st LSU game. My son has an unlucky Bama hat. Everytime he wore it Bama lost to us. He didn't wear it last year or during the 2012 BCSNC and look what happened. This year I wore my DBU shirt during the Ga and Ole Miss games. :(
    My friend gave me a new LSU hat Saturday. And I wore it instead of my lucky game day hat. My son wore my lucky hat. After going scoreless I told curt it was the new hat! At halftime I took my hat from Blake and put the new hat in my pocket. Curt put his in his pocket. And jumped seats to get beside my lucky gf. We started scoring. Never again will I wear the DBU shirt on game day. Back to what works. I'm sorry :(
    After thinking about Blake's unlucky Bama hat and him wearing my LSU hat for the 1st time Saturday. It better just be the hat and not an unlucky head on that kid. o_O
    And we don't watch football with Curts mom anymore. She's a ole miss fan and watched that nc game with us. :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    northernvatiger likes this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Definitely. I always wear an LSU shirt, although it doesn't have to be the same one. I always have to drink beer, and I fill a purple cup with water, and take a sip from it after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters. Also sit on the right-hand side of the couch. And most importantly, my laptop is in use and I'm on Tigerfan.com.

gyver likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I never wear jewelry. But Dear Old Mom bought me a class ring away back in 1977. I only wear it on game days. But always on game days.

gyver likes this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wear purple and sometimes, gold.

I drink rum and Diet Coke out of a "Saturday Night in Death Valley" cup that has Les Miles on it. Last Saturday, my husband, who ONLY drinks crown and coke, drank the last of my freakin' rum without asking if I was going to drink that (I was.) I resorted to drinking pinot grigio out of that cup, and well--we all know what happened...

Seriously, was it a dick move for him to take the last of the rum, which is the only liquor I drink, when he never drinks that and had a full bottle of Crown in the pantry? He didn't understand why I told him that was a dickish thing to do.

LSUTiga and gyver like this.
  5. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Like the commercial says. "It's only crazy if it doesn't work ".

6. StaceyO

When I was growing up the daughter of a football coach, we would have the exact same meal the night before gameday during winning streaks.

One year, it was tacos.

The best year, it was steaks and baked potatoes.

My dad still blames losing in the quarter finals of the 1988 playoffs to the restaurant that had been the lucky place that year (they were empty nesting by then with me being at LSU) being closed on Thanksgiving night--forcing us to eat at home, and thus, we lost out on a state championship.

gyver likes this.
  7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Oh so its all your hubby's fault then. Everyone bring the torches and pitchforks!!! LOL!

StaceyO likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Never had a gay day.

Wait, do females count?

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

shit i didnt wear my gold LSU shirt this game,that could be it.

10. StaceyO

Thanks for the loss, MM! That and my rum being stolen are the actual causes--not the interceptions or the clock mismanagement or the shitty defense.