Game 2 - McNeese @ LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 11, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

At least we beat the paper bag. Passing game is poor all around, running game didn’t look good til we wore down McNeese, defense didn’t look as good as the scoreboard and took advantage of an undermanned OL as the game wore on.

Step up in competition the next several weeks. The shining spot of this team is placekicker.

LSU_4_LIFE and Don Castavez like this.
  2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

No Victory Tits for beating a high school team . Sorry

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I didnt watch all that much of the final qtr but when i saw that guy he looked like a qb throwing on the run which may be the most important thing with our o-line who absolutely suck with zero run game.

maybe his accuracy lacks or maybe our wrs still drop everything but he looks fluid moving in the pocket. max is so mechanical he sorta struggled thus far.

161 yards for the starter against the mcneese orgerons is terrible. Outside of Boutte and bech we have shown nothing. But he is young with lots of room to improve. 3 tds is ok sorta.

Maybe that left handed rotation is throwing them off but hes not all that accurate.

did we not practice in the offseason on catching.

Our best player is a kicker! We are going to get hammered with no run game and barely a passing game.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont necessarily disagree, but the larger problem is the OC and fundamentals. Until those two get fixed, results will be similar.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Nussmeyer looked better physically but he was holding the ball too long. MJ is struggling but the receivers are not catching the ball great.

Our WR coach is a fucking equal opportunity hire to satisfy New Orleans; he sucks so much O had to hire a coach previously to show him how to coach.

Our RB coach is a LSU legend, but under his tutelage our RBs have been mediocre. He was promoted when our real RB coach left.

Our OL had been under recruited since before O’s time, and O hasn’t fixed it. He backdoor fired a shitty coach at the last minute and threw a lot of money at a BR guy. Haven’t seen a return on investment yet.

O promised to hire the best coordinators; this year we have two guys who have never called plays anywhere near this level. This has resulted in vanilla play calling on both sides; I’ve seen nothing to lead me to believe we will out-scheme or out-execute SEC opponents.

Our LBs finally have their own coach; they suck.

Our recruiting classes have been filled with skill guys rather than meeting roster needs.

I am very afraid we are lacking in the brains department. Our players are athletic but don’t get it. Our coaches don’t seem capable of communicating fundamentals, let alone high-level concepts. I think we’ll be a challenge athletically for our opponents, but that’s not enough (see UCLA).

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This will be a catastrophic disaster! We might win another game but it won't be next week. Get on the CMU money line now!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

these mfs can always blast. and then sublime. Great rendition. we're still the majority.

furduknfish and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  8. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Wouldn't mind seeing more playing time for Nussmeier. The offense needs a kickstart and I think he can provide it.

TCUTiger and tirk like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Link?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

What, no high school titties?

Don Castavez and shane0911 like this.