Game 2 - McNeese @ LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 11, 2021.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Moscona and T-Bob calling out the coaches for the return of "check with me" play calling. Amen.

2. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Johnson has a noodle arm and has completely forgotten how to evade pressure. Nuss is going to throw a lot of picks because he has no fear, but he can actually throw a proper deep ball, evades pressure, and scrambles looking to pass. Get the o-line healthy again, start the freshman at running back because they want to play and actually understand how to run with zone blocking, have Nuss as a real deep threat, and we might have an offense that is simply bad rather than horrendous. I would like to give Nuss a year of practice rather than throwing him to the wolves, but Johnson just isn't it.

And I don't want to hear anything about Johnson winning in camp. It's not clear that there was ever a real competition between the two, and even if it was I think the rest of the horrendous coaching on the team speaks for itself.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Jesus…depressing! Truth hurts. :(

4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

So Fla State looses to Jacksonville St. 1 week after almost beating the mighty Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. And # 8 ranked Notre Dame barely beat Toledo today. You think they might be a little over ranked?

furduknfish and Buzz69 like this.
  5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Frankly, I would like to see. Brennan take over when he is ready. He has a quicker release and reads the defenses better (which you would expect from a 5th yr senior) than Johnson.

Herb, LSU_4_LIFE and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  6. mctiger

Nuss was never a consideration for starter. But depth got killed when TJ transferred after spring and then Brennan got hurt, and now he suddenly is an option. What's scaring me right now is that the first six quarters of this season are getting into Max's head. Right now the LSU backfield is a shooting gallery, and Max is the target for the biggest stuffed teddy bear on the shelf. He's got pedigree, and his rep is more of a heady QB than an athletic one. But I'm afraid before this season is over, Max could go the way of Jarrett Lee, who's career got totally blown away by early disaster. This o-line could kill more than one QB's career before they get going.

furduknfish likes this.
  7. mctiger

A&M barely escapes Colorado, and Oklahoma gets a huge scare from Tulane last week. This is shaping up to be one weird season.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Mark it down,

This is our signature win

9. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Do you have an eraser?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

When everyone wants the back up we can go ahead and chalk this season up. It’s never gone right.

shane0911 likes this.