Gaines learning the hard way, others will follow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Apr 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's being reported that Gaines is headed to UAB. Based on his decision, I think it's safe to say his choices were limited, and unfortunately, I think many other former LSU players are going to find themselves in the same situation! Gaines is super talented and was one of the players I thought could really flourish under the guidance of MM, who has a history of developing players. Now, Gaines gets to go from playing in one of the premiere conferences in the country with its own network to a school that I can't remember playing one game on national tv last season.

This is the ugly side of the transfer portal that most don't want to talk about. It's great for players to put their name in the portal with dreams of going to a school of there choice, only to quickly realize you're not nearly as wanted as you thought. The sad reality is several more former LSU players are very likely going to experience the same fate.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if he is super talented then why:

seems like you just made this up. super talented people have choices dont they?

also, the transfer portal doesnt take away options, he could have returned to LSU.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    shane0911 likes this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Why do have something negative to say about everything? You must live a miserable life! So tell Mr. Knowitall, what other choices did Gaines have? Maybe he wasn't as desired because he plays so out of control, maybe attitude or maybe they thought that WW had screwed up his game so much that they didn't want to get involved. I've said all along that Gaines was super talented, but he was like a wild child. It's clear he played a lot of street and was not taught a lot of discipline when he played in high school, but a good coach like MM, who has a track record of developing players, would have really helped his game.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am not being negative, you are, you are making an unsupported claim about the lack of options for gaines. you dont know where he could have gone or what options he had.

topic is basketball, try to stay on topic. try to see if you can not just make everything about insulting anyone who does not agree. like an adult.

again, the transfer portal does not require you to transfer. he could have stayed at LSU. he has the option you claim is best for him.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Well, you post everyone else's options, so tell us what were Gaines' options! Was it Duke, NC, Kansas or Louisville? I'm just happy he's away from that dirt bag and can now get some good coaching from Andy Kennedy!

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you guys dont losten, so i will repeat myself:

again, the transfer portal does not require you to transfer. he could have stayed at LSU. he has the option you claim is best for him.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

So Wilkinson finally realized that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. He won't be the last one to return. I think they're realizing that they'll be playing for a better coach that will better prepare them for a possible jump to the NBA.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

which is why i told you that the transfer portal does not limit options as you claimed, it opens up options.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bro this jerkoff cagedtiger got my hoops thread locked with his nonsense now where i am supposed to let you guys know which players are returnin. just delete his dumb posts and let me speculate about rosters

shane0911 likes this.
  10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Me? A jerkoff? This is coming from the guy that has degraded every poster on here, but now is getting his feelings hurt and wants to take his toys and go home. Grow up dude! If you're not man enough to take exactly what you dish out, then please leave. You're the biggest douche bag on here that has taken shots at anyone who dares to say anything about negative about WW! We don't need your speculation on rosters! You post old news that has already hit every other message board. Don't act like you're breaking news to us! You don't know crap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.