G State Not Visiting White House

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUTiga, Jun 13, 2017.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

i disagree... i don't think long was going along just to satisfy he black teammates... and steve kerr (i know he's a coach) didn't sound like he was planning on attending just to not piss off the black players...

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is ALL a very off target political statement that I hope bites them in the ass.

I was not a Trump guy. Have doubts? Ask my homie @lsutiga , he is enjoying serving me crow.

While all the gays, minorities and left wing nuts are doing all they can to derail him, they are also enjoying prosperity they have not seen in 8 years.

Can't make this shit up

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I have to admit, I got lucky on the Trump call. No way he was supposed to win. It was a long shot and I just happened to pick the horse with the prettiest tack and he happens to turn in the fastest track time he'all ever run.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Absolutely!

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

See, to me, this is a clear example of the lack of empathy that is rampant in race relations in the US. Saying “The annual rush of blacks to get out that they ain’t going to Trumps WH” lacks empathy, sets a defensive tone by being accusatory, and is just generally a very uneducated/one sided viewpoint.

From a white mans perspective (I don’t think it’s a leap to assume most commenting here are white), it’s an honor to visit the WH, and politics should be set aside and just visit, despite the fact that us whites, me included, have benefited greatly throughout US history from the very politics that have effectively segregated blacks for hundreds of years and ensured poverty, and subpar education that then drives crime and animosity (on both sides).

Don’t agree? What about politics as recently as the 1950s in New Orleans and BR, for example, that drew city lines to concentrate blacks in certain areas with less desireable locations and cheap real estate that for years promoted this poverty and subpar education, all of which drove plight, drug use and crime. White politicians controlled that simply b/c they didn’t want blacks in their neighborhoods, schools, etc, and didn’t want their own prosperity threatened. Then those same whites get frustrated by a majority of crime being committed by blacks, the doldrum appearance of some of those neighborhoods they designed, and all of the frustrations that go along with this. It’s a viscous cycle that continually repeats itself. That political pigeon holing still happens today with political redistricting via Gerrymandering. To think blacks don’t have a stand to make against someone who is inherently racist and close minded, especially as the President of the US., is narrow minded and unempathetic. In general, I too would be honored, to visit a President, but not when it’s someone as divisive and clearly racist as this guy, regardless of his title, or stock market prosperity currently going on, which by the way is unlikely to be sustained and mainly benefits prosperous whites. Thankfully, the racial inequities of the past are being slowly eroded, but it’s takes motivation, effort, politics, and empathy to achieve a level foundation for all human beings regardless of race or ethnicity.

I usually refrain from commenting on issues like this b/c usually the discussions become endless, and in the end, most just people stay in their world and maintain the opinions and biases they’ve always had. But, this one, for me, highlights a lack of willingness to be open minded and empathetic, which is troubling.

I’d be interested in others comments beyond those who have already posted who may have a bit different perspective.

@LSUMASTERMIND @asignupe99

Winston1, GiantDuckFan and didit like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My opinion on this has gone back and forth. I said I wouldn’t go because of Trump but i really don’t know what I would do. If I was using my head I may just go so I could try to engage the man in conversation. Trump has been surprising me with the low hanging fruit recently.

ParadiseiNC and LSUTiga like this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

Yeah, there have definitely been some positive things that he has done lately that I agree with, like the strong stand on tariffs. I don’t agree with his stance fully on it, but I see the value and hopefully it leads to a good ending. The problem is that there are just so many glaring unjust things he does that far outweigh the positives for me personally. Separating families in the name of immigration reform is one recent example. For infants, toddlers, and young children that is inhumane. Control of immigration is certainly needed, but there are other strategies that will work fine without that.

LaSalleAve and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Like?

9. ParadiseiNC

1. Separating children from parents immigrating illegally. I don’t condone the illegal immigration part, but the new policy of dealing with this component is simply inhumane and unnecessary.

2. Numerous appointments such as Sec of Education, EPA, and the recent debacle of nominating his personal presidential doctor to be Head of VA, despite never ever having any role of leading a large organization or really having anything to do with the VA, and without vetting his background in any way. I’m on board with Pompeo for the most part, but isn’t this the third Sec of State in 1+ years?

3. His poor leadership skills such as tweeting his thoughts on a daily basis revealing his juvenile and simplistic views, stating publicly how good of a negotiator he is while at the same time offending publicly the people you are negotiating with, both strong allies and adversaries. The examples of his knucklehead leadership approach could go on and on... WH staffing carousel, etc.

Leaders are people you look up to, want to emulate, and have strong ethical compasses. When I think of a President I respect, I think of one who is a great leader, and he doesn’t embody that for me. I get that he has a strong personality, but for me, that doesn’t equate to being a strong leader.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

and he's a lying cheating crook