Democrats Further into the abyss.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 23, 2017.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Knucklehead

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It may have been talked about here but a tennis guy got fired by ESPN for saying Venus Williams was using the Guerilla effect.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Great timing. He's actually a former Trojan tennis player. He filed a wrongful termination lawsuit and this morning did an interview with Matt Loser on Today.
    https://www.today.com/video/ex-espn...out-about-venus-williams-remark-1032339011751

Dude spent up to 20 hours a day responding to every single social media comment made about him being a racist in an effort to re-establish his good name. He ended up having a heart attack. I'm not a lawsuit person but I support this one. He was unfairly characterized and he's basically unemployable in the TV commentating world and that WAS his career.

People who watch or follow tennis are well aware of the term guerrilla tactics. Absurd to believe someone in the mainstream would straight up use gorilla in this day and age.

5. LaSalleAve

I watched the interview with Lauer I thought it was a good one. They even referenced a commercial with Aggasi and Sampras that was called Guerilla Tennis. ESPN has gone loco.

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yep. Attacking the net on almost every play and even trying to hit the ball prior to bounce is a recognized tactic. It also intimidates the opponent. SO not news but espin still says they aren't sure which word he intended. I hope he wins the lawsuit.

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If you read the editorial you'll find a distillation of the leftist mantra. She says that the US is a racist bigoted hate filled swamp. This proposition is wrong and disgusting. Our country has led the world in bringing mankind to a better place in every way. To be taught that we are apparently irredeemable is the price we are now paying for letting leftists gain control of the education system. Our children are being taught to hate what we've built. This is a sad example.
    In a nonsequitor she also worried there would be jokes made about Robert Lee. It's not clear if she were protecting the announcer Robert Lee or what. Was he in danger of violence and if so from whom? It seems the only people who would react violently would be those wanting to remove Lee from Virginia. Isn't that the leftist Taliban antifa? I thought they were peaceful almost zen in their ways. Or was she protecting Mr Lee from jokes made about him? Is he that much of a snowflake? Apparently so as he brought it up with his ESPN management.
    All in all this paints a frightening picture of the state of the left, the MSM and too many in our country. Hopefully we'll see the pendulum swing back soon.

8. LaSalleAve

So as LSU fans are we going to be labeled as racists for Gorilla Ball with baseball?

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

She also said there were "thousands" of alt right in C'ville but every report I've read puts the number in the high hundreds, one thousand at most.

Also, just consider her opening salvo, "In the testosterone-laced world of sports". It's dripping with condescension. Her exact words about America are, "America's toxic culture of bigotry, hate and violence". She is imbuing the values (or lack thereof) of a very small group of people onto the mainstream of all of us and it's grossly inaccurate, not to mention divisive.

Agreed.

He's either a total snowflake or he's bought in to the guilt. It's ridiculous on face to think anyone would really have noticed his name muchless say or do anything to make his broadcast anything other than normal.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Probably not. Baseball has become an all white sport on the college level. Even most of the players for Southern and other HBCU colleges are white with more Latinos than blacks. It's OK to call white people names nowdays.