FU bans 'Gator bait' chant due to RACISM!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Jun 18, 2020.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I posted this pretty much verbatim in another thread but thought it deserved its own because of the continued absurdity and hypocrisy.

FU is doing away with the 'Gator Bait' chant due to 'racism'. Is 'Tiger Bait' next?

http://statements.ufl.edu/statement...ep-toward-positive-change-against-racism.html

Anyone know of the 'racist imagery associate with the phrase' that he's referring to? Not that I give one fuck about FU, but it is kind of disturbing that the cancel culture is now descending into college sports traditions.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Is my calendar screwed up? Is today April 1st?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Alligators Lives Matter

el005639 and COTiger like this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I said this in another post, don't think LSU won't be affected by all of this bs. We are the LSU Tigers. Not a striped big cat from India named Mike, but a brigade of Louisiana Confederate soldiers who fought like hell.

I won't be suprised that this will happen. We only need a woke person like an Eric Reid to bring it up. Just like Texas fight song.

To your question, no way Tiger bait means any thing else than feeding Mike.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not in Tiger Stadium

Atreus21, APPTiger and Bengal B like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Just when I thought the absurdity & hypocrisy had reached its peak, along comes this topic.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think anyone fed Tigers with slaves

Bengal B likes this.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

the lies perpetrated. A rope in a tree is bad. Even though a black man put it up.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...ng-investigated-as-hate-crimes-mayor/2311056/

just like "me too" movement. First there was shock. Then there was sadness. Sadness turned to anger. Then anger turned to hate. Once you hit hate, anything can happen. Usually overreaction to all situations. Then a guy who tried to make a move on a date committed assault. And then now we were all guilty of assault back in our younger days. It is not real, it is perceived.

That is where we are now with this. I understand racism in the past and racism that happens today. And it is real. I am with my black friends on that. However, now we are going past real and into perceived issues. No longer are we talking about real issues, we are talking about ropes in trees. About gator bait. The message is getting lost is what I tell them.

el005639, shane0911 and COTiger like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Fuck them. I never had slaves or hung a black man. I don't believe in that sort of thing. I am not going to talk to any black people about racism or apologize for being white or beg for forgiveness for anything that my ancestors did or didn't do. As far as I know nobody remotely related to me had slaves.

If they want to be considered equal then act like they are equal and not depending on anybody from any other race to change to their way of thinking.

I don't talk to Asians about race and I don't talk to Hispanics about race and they wouldn't expect me to.

We are all black, white, yellow and brown because of the spin of the genetic roulette wheel. None of us had any say in it.

Yes, there are still some bigoted white people just as there are bigoted blacks.
    All the protesting ad chanting while holding a sign is not going to make a single white person less racist. Burning and looting will just confirm any racist's prejudices and turn the opinions of people on the fence against the black race.

We can only hope that there are enough voters who see through the bullshit as well as fear what rights a Biden presidency will strip them of to vote for Trump. You may not like him but he is by far the lesser evil.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly what I said when stupid Kaepernick started all of this bullshit

StaceyO and Bengal B like this.