Freshmen pictures posted on the LSUsport.net roster

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JustinTI, Aug 8, 2003.

1. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

I dont think the weights of returning players are updated yet though.
    link

2. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I was wondering why would they give Amp Hill (one of our TOP signees) the same number as Ronnie Prude (No. 1) given that Prude is expected to contribute and see the playing field. They also have another walk-on, Steve Mares, with #1.

My guess is that Amp Hill wanted No. 1 (maybe his HS #) but that they will switch him to No. 3 when the season starts. Right now, Terrell Clayton (a spring walk-on) is the only player with #3 - a pretty popular number. Given the amount of numbers with two players, it's pretty odd to give a walk-on the only #3. I'm thinking that they will give Amp Hill that #3 when the season starts. They may let him switch to No. 1 in two years after Prude graduates.

[​IMG]

3. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

teams can have players wearing the same number as long as they aren't both on offense/defense. But maybe they will change it by the time the season starts.

4. profneo

profneo Founding Member

Daryll Johnson was listed as #3 in the summer roster, but he has yet to hear from the NCAA clearinghouse on whether he'll qualify yet. If he does qualify, he'll have #3.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I was surprised to see that Terrel Clayton was the only guy with the #3. I played high school ball with him and knew him back then. I hope he sticks with it. He was a quarterback during high school.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I wouldn't put too much stock into the jersey numbers thing. There are other schools that have duplicate numbers. Last season, Texas had 2 #11's....both on defense if I'm not mistaken.

7. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Numbers

I think you can have as many players on the roster with the same number as you want but there can only be one player on the field with that number at a time.