Franchione's exchange with Saban after the game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUAthletics, Nov 18, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

per request

here is the link with the footage . .i don't have speakers at work so I can't hear it .

I'm glad you all found a way to bring Auburn into this arguement (which has absolutely nothing to do with us).This is all probably Tuberville's fault

2. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

What goes on between the goal posts and the sidelines is what really matters. Does anyone really give a damn about what transpires between the coaches? The game is over, lets move on to Ole Miss. Geaux Tigers, Kick their A##

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

It was fabricated by a LSU fan on Tiger Lair (I think that was the site) They were laughing about it later when the Alabama fans started seeing it.

Does anyone know for sure what was said between the coaches? Someone will probably fabricate several stories about that too now.

I know we play Allbarn this week and I believe you have Old Myth. Can't we channel some of this energy onto next week?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We have a right to complain on our own board.

I appreciate your coolness, Bayou, and your efforts to defuse things. But Fran refusing to shake hands is an insult, no matter what was said and we feel insulted. It's an LSU board and it's the place where we bitch about these things. I haven't gone onto a Bama board with this stuff, they don't want to hear it. But we have every right to blow off steam on this board. You're a guest here, and a respected one, try to see it from our view.

If you are offended, then log out, breaux. Or lurk silently. In a day or two it will have blown over and we can talk football again. It ain't personal.

I surf a lot of SEC boards and I can tell you this for sure. When you lurk an opponents board you will hear things you don't like. Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and let the homies rant a while.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: We have a right to complain on our own board.

Red you are one of the fans here I do really like and can appreciate. I could party with you any time. I am trying to be as calm as I can be here and believe it or not I do know where I am and that I am a guest. The thing I find most offensive about the last couple of days is that before the game, there was little of this. Now after LSU's poor showing in the game, Alabama is the blame for everything from shaming the SEC to world hunger. LOL

I will be glad when you get over it all and take a look at the Rebs that must be laughing their fool heads off at all this.

6. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

Come on, everyone knows that Alabama isn't to blame for world hunger, Auburn is. :)

7. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

Nah - I blame Miss. St. for that....

those guys can't do ANYTHING right :)

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Partly right, partly wrong....

I'll have to leave your assertation of "thugs" alone and consider it a bad choice of words.

One thing I want to bring up here is that Coach Bryant and Coach Stallings "got in the face" of some opposing coaches during their tenure at the Capstone also. As example, in a series with NC State their coach ran his mouth about a few thing the entire year. After our second meeting Coach Stallings approached him and "set the matter straight" basically telling him to watch what was being said about his players and his staff.

The game with Hawaii being perpetuated as a "slap in the NCAA's face" is a farce. The fact is ESPN, Hawaii and Washington State approached us about this game after the sanctions were announced. It wasn't something contrived by the staff to circumvent what the NCAA had decided. We stayed within the rules in scheduling a return trip to Hawaii in 2003. There have been some of our fan base taunting the NCAA with the Hawaii game. So be it. Are we using it as a lure for recruits? Sure! Wouldn't you? In the same situation anyone would.

You better believe out not being able to participate in a bowl game or the SECCG hurts. It hurts the fan base, but more importantly our players who have had nothing to do with this entire fiasco.

The fact will remain that you will hear Alabama fans claim we had the best team in the West this season. We are proud of what our team has accomplished in this situation. All of our juniors and seniors had a chance to leave and go to another school without sitting out a year. They chose to stay simply to wear the Crimson jersey. The could have dismissed this season as an also ran but chose to show their "pluck and grit" and fight proudly for respect. They have gained our appreciation and we are proud of what they have accomplished. They are a special group of kids and more importantly a team standing together.

9. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

I can respect the "best in the west" theory...

for this season - no argument there. I just laugh when some of the Gump Central bozos pop off about beng the best in the whole SEC and UGA's afraid to take them on again. Sorry boys, but if you beat Auburn (and I think that you will - easily, at that) both bama and UGA have identical records with UGA winning at Bama. That, in my mind makes UGA the best team. That being said, what your previus post only said to me was that classless behavior isn't a new thig at Bama. There's something great to advertise...LOL

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I didn't realize....

Fran refused to shake Saban's hand after the game. Is this true? It better be something more than an internet hoax or a minor recruiting disagreement or this thing will spread and make Fran and the SEC look very bad.