Franchione's exchange with Saban after the game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUAthletics, Nov 18, 2002.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Well that's great..

...the Bama fans (most of them with exception of Bama Baby) can use logic and reasoning to figure out that the thing is fake. But what about Coach Franchionne? Or Santonio Beard? Hell if Dennis Franchionne (or Bama Baby) is that damn naiive maybe I should find out their telephone numbers and tell them about some land I know that's for sale in South Florida. Bama Baby get a clue! Please, for your sake. Coach Saban is a pro coach. He doesn't believe in polls, he doesn't believe in smack talk, shit half the time he's talking about how we need to improve. And if it's false to begin with, why should Saban waste the dollar or two spent on long distance to tell Coach Fran that it was a hoax, when the sad thing is really, Coach Fran should have figured that out by himself! LOL!!! I wonder if Coach Fran also believes that Forrest Gump (there really was one) played for Alabama in the 60's. Somebody sound the moron alert.

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Oh and Skyraper....

don't kid yourself it wasn't about running the score up or soap opera "revenge".....maybe to you it was. It was about the fact that our offense couldn't do anything right and by the 3rd quarter the defense was so damn tired from being out there so long they had given up too. How did LSU run the score up last year please tell me? We won by 2 tds. And by 2 points the year before.

Some of you Bama fans are really starting to show your ass big time. Please stop while we have a mutual agreement of respect.

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: Oh and Skyraper....

I am trying very hard to be respectful. For it to be mutual there has to be some shown by the other side too.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

who cares about this shit anymore...

this is so freakin dumb......saban don't have to call anyone if he don't want too......this is like riding a dead horse after he has been born....I swear this board is getting to be as bad as the allbarn boards with all the Name Calling going on....but if coach fran wants to act a bad ass over false internet postings than let him...who cares....I don't neither should bama we both have big games coming up....we dont' have time to harp on this anymore....the game is over till next year....then we will have to go to bama's house where we have dominated them....so for now lets drop it...cause its getting old and boring

5. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

Frannie just put the target on his back...

bama fans like to say, "act like you've been there before." Well, when it came to games like Saturday nght's, bama HAS been there before. Funny though - under Bryant, Stallings and even DuBose, bama coaches and players didn't come off like Tubberville thugs the way Frannie and Beard did Saturday night. That's ok - their time will come. Nick will let it go for now but come next year, he'll remember. Bama and Frannie will start getting theirs real soon, trust me on this. Probatio will really start to take hold next year - if Frannie doesn't bail, he'll end up wishing he did.

Note to bama lurkers (and I know you're here) - those words are not "bitter words of someone whose team had ther a**es whipped" - they are FACT, as these words are. You can pop off about "have fun in the Indy bowl" but you were only too happy to play in it last year. Bama staffers and fans won't say it publicly, but not being able to go to Atlanta or a bowl afterwrds is KILLING them. They use the Hawaii trip as a crutch, saying "we'd rather go there anyway." If that's what you need to feel better, have fun with it. If somehow, Hawaii can spring the upset, all you'll her from bama fans is we had nothing to win - why did we schedule those guys? I know why you did - it was an "in your face" to the NCAA - one that like Saturday night's actions by Frannie and Beard - will come back to haunt you in the near future. I, for one, am going to enjoy watching...

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Do Bama fans agree on:

1. Fran was mad about something after the game.
    2. The internet hoax was VERY obviously not real.
    3. Saban had no responsibility to forward an "apology" from the originator of the post to Fran.

I think LSU and Bama both agree on these issues. The question is what was Fran mad about? If it was the internet thing, Fran isn't as smart (common sense) as people are making him out to be. But maybe it was something else. Didn't seem like Saban thought it was something else so I'll give him benefit of the doubt.

35-21 is not running up the score (not even close).

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'll have to admit....I'm amused

The quickest way an individual can lose credibility in a debate is too either resort to name calling or use language, profanity, to try to further bolst their position or prove their point. It seems we have a rash of that here.

It's evident there are two different sides to this, and points to be considered by both sides. What is incredibly sad is there is as many fabrications in some of the views posted here as this so called fabrication of the locker room speech.

A Forrest Gump playing football in Alabama is as funny as foozball in Louisiana and Adam Sandler being able to play football.

It's evident there is much more to this than meets the eye. I'd dare say if the roles were reversed, and there was suspicion that Coach Fran had said something concerning Saban's player he'd be a little up-tight about it also.

It's becoming apparent that this series is going to become even more heated in the next few years. I'll remain level headed about it, can you?

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: Just my Opinion but

Don't confuse "most active" with "most reputable". There is a BIG difference.

Many LSU faithful can't stand that site. It is one thing for rivals to dislike a site, but if even other LSU fans dislike an LSU site it proves that the site is UNreputable.

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: Re: Just my Opinion but

There is the same feeling between tidefans and some other Alabama boards as well.

10. Tiger1131

Tiger1131 Founding Member

It seems pretty obvious that Fran used this "post/email" to help motivate his team, and since he sold them on its authenticity, he had to put on a show after the game. I personally do not have a problem with this approach, but I don't think it can be used too often. It seemed to work for them though. I suspect that this was planted by a Bama fan, but we may never know. Pretty clever.