Fournette out for Citrus Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Dec 16, 2016.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I hear you. I am just wondering if people are seriously saying that Miles caused Fournette to miss this game.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You could probably arrive at that but it would be a tenuous line of logic. Indirectly I blame Miles for a lot.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He isn't even making the trip and has already signed up with Jay Z's agency. I gotta say.... I'm extremely disappointed in Leonard Fournette on this one. He should be on the sideline with his teammates. He was also a no show for the awards last night too. So was his brother. This isn't a good look for Fournette at all. Makes me think that he is a guy that just quits when things aren't going his way.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Once he signed he can no longer participate in any of those things. Like it or not, once you declare, the clock starts right away on your ability to generate income. The reason Roc Nation is getting more popular is because it's much more than just the playing contract. It's brand management. And Buga Nation is officially a money-making brand. He'll have shoe/food/apparel endorsements well before he gets drafted as I promise you all of that is already in the works.

It is what it is, but you can't say he didn't give his all during his time as a Tiger. I doubt any of those guys he suited up with feel any type of way about this.

Winston1, Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm ok with it; coaches leave early all the time and in the scheme of things Guice has this game and we aren't playing for much more than pride. Fournette gave at least as much as he received, especially with Miles' dumb ass offense.

Brian and COTiger like this.
  6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Stanford's Christian McAfferty also sitting out bowl game.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

As am I. It's Guice's time to be in the spotlight.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

on i
    Ben Simmons attended the awards banquet last year after he signed with an agent so that's not against NCAA rules. I don't blame Fournette for taking care of himself first but he should at least buy a ticket to the game and travel on his own dime to be with his teammates

9. LaSalleAve

He couldn't have waited a few weeks? Why didn't Lanard show up last night? I don't dislike the dude or anything, he had a great career here, I just don't think it's a very good look for him. He should be supporting his teammates. And alumni come back all the time and hang out on sidelines, why can't he? Not like he would play or participate in any way. I wouldn't have signed with Jay Z either.

I would have gone with Tom Condon. Ex player.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  10. LaSalleAve

And that's all I'm saying. Just support your teammates. I knew there would someone come on here and try to twist what I was saying into something I wasn't, so thank you for saying what you said, I guess you said it better than I did.

Shit I've never used saying or said that much in my life.