Found this post at another board

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jun 22, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

systemic problems that our political parties have been exploiting for eons...division and strife are the result of extremists who gain on both sides....and that's the crazy part..... why in the hell are there 2 sides when it comes to sh!t like this???
    what's even crazier is to read the litany of career politicians who have miserably failed those they 'serve', and who continue to get reelected every time.... i would buy into aspects of BLM if they went to Chicago and 'protested' against the violence/crime that takes place every day in the black community, and i havent seen lebron or al sharpton, or any other media/sports/influencer on the streets of chicago attempting to curb the violence either, nor will I as its too easy to blame christopher columbus and not look in the mirror...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    APPTiger, el005639 and Winston1 like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Thank you for your service and great you have those skills because sad to say you may need them one day. I myself hope I never have to fire a bullet at another human being.

mctiger likes this.
  3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Kcal .... actually it is not applied equally. Whites are more than twice as likely to be shot by a cop PER INTERACTION. The numbers are what they are. Blacks commit 45% of the crime but only make 28% of police killings. Whites make up 30% of the crime but are 48% of police killings. And unfortunately, poverty does NOT seem to be the driving factor, otherwise, Latinos would have a higher crime rate than whites 30% vs 24%). Considering a cop is 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man than an unarmed black man being killed by the cops, they have as much right to be suspicious when approaching a black suspect as blacks have when being approached by a cop.

People like you don’t seem to realize that there are 2 sides of an equation. Extra sensitivity training for the cops is not going to improve black crime, nor will it improve the way blacks react when they confront an officer. What BENGAL is saying, if blacks are serious about Black Lives, they would do best to invest in changes in their own neighborhoods to decrease their crime to the 13% they should be responsible for.

So the answer to your question is NO, but not for the reason you think!

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nobody needs cabs anymore. and even before uber i would guess most people never hailed a cab in their life. also i used to be very good friends with some cabbies. the reason they didnt pick up blacks was because many times they would buy long rides and then just get out and run away. keep in mind msot cabbies are not white. in NYC for example i had maybe 2 white cabbies in 18 years.

they are followed when they shop because they steal alot.

ok fair point about drug use but that happens to whites too and its a disgrace

as far as grandparents go, most of us probably have family that had to go to war and kill and be killed and blown to bits. sucked for them, but i am not them. almost everyone on earth had a grandparent that had it shitty. like if you know a vietnamese person, they probably escaped from murder and came here with nothing. and they are fine. i know some irish folks and they hate british so much they cant speak about it, owing to the atrocities their family suffered. jews dont exactly have a smooth histlry and they are doing fine.

APPTiger likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the 80s a friend of the was laid off so he drove s cab to try and support his family. He was murdered by 2 black teenagers who got very little time in the big house.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I actually was referring to historical context which led to less educational opportunities, less access to good neighborhoods, etc.

people like you shouldn’t jump to conclusions and take part of a conversation out of context and then determine my intent based on a worldview other than mine but thanks for playing...

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Irish, Italians, Polish. They all had less access to the good jobs and housing at first but they worked hard and assimilated. Cajuns were discriminated against. Don't Coonass Lives Matter?

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

as long as they don’t use roux from a jar....

CajunlostinCali and Bengal B like this.
  9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Redlining, and bad neighborhoods, and bad education don’t apply now. That some blacks like to pretend they are still in chains is not a problem society can change, it is a problem that ONLY the Black Community can change. The Blacks that realize they can be what and whoever they want to be escape the system, and go on to be productive law abiding citizens.

Life is choices. They have the sole responsibility to make the choice in their neighborhoods to eliminate single parent families, eliminate the high school dropout rate, eliminate the drugs and the crime. There is nobody or anything institutional holding them back, and the kids you see burning shit, and kicking old ladies in the heads have NEVER experienced the racism of old. It is an excuse.

Bengal B likes this.