Forum Feature Wish List

Discussion in 'New Member & Help Forum' started by KyleK, Apr 4, 2012.

1. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

I don't even know if this is possible, I understand this may be out of the realm of the software, but here goes.

I browse this on my phone a lot and love the mobile template, but it still displays the mobile format when I access from a pc, it would be fantastic if it only showed in the mobile format when displaying on your mobile.

But again, there may be no way to do this.

TerryP and KyleK like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I liked seeing, members favorite teams icons.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Wow!

I post on a lot of message boards.

Multiple College sports boards, guns, photography, etc

This new format beats them all.

I love it.

KyleK likes this.
  4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

That is really great to hear. I didn't have a lot of time to make a decision on which platform to go with but after some quick research I was really impressed with this software. Plus I'm very familiar with the developers as I have been dealing with them for 10 years since we originally started with VBulletin.

It's created and developed by the guys who created the original VBulletin software which is/was the defacto standard of forum software. Unfortunately VBulletin spiraled downward in quality after they sold the company and left. Even after VBulletin released it's long awaited 4.0 version, many large forum owners opted to stay with the older 3.8 version because it wasn't worth the upgrade. After a while there were just too many bugs and holes in all versions and the underlying code was a patchwork of old tech and new. There are still a bunch of 3.8 VB boards but they have the guys that can get under the hood and keep things patched up.

These guys are building this software from the ground up using the latest technologies and standards and they focus on quality, well-written code instead of trying to pump out an endless list of features that are buggy and little-used. Again, it's great to hear you like it coming from someone who frequents a lot of boards.

Good to see you around again. We missed you for a long while there.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Red, you aren't going to ask about rep? :D

KyleK likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The "like" feature is an adequate replacement. But you remind me that we probably should add the "dislike" feature . . .

tlo1507 and OT like this.
  7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I noticed this just today. I had a tough time on the pc figuring out how to change it back. Also, I use large text on my phone and the mobile version won't render properly until I set it to normal text size. Any way to get it to auto-adjust to mobile screens w/ non-standard font sizes?

8. red55

Go to alerts in the black menu bar. At the bottom of the drop down screen you can edit preferences.

9. red55

Did all of the old signature pics go away?

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I dunno. I never had one, but I see a lot of placeholders in posts, so probably.