For You Stat Freaks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Dec 4, 2018.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I don't disagree that much with what you posted. Everytime I post someone has to bring up. Les Miles. I don't mind, I play along & sometimes even instigate it.

Wasn't really comparing Les to Nick. I think it's funny how much posting is done about him on the LSU boards. I was pointing out the obvious, that Saban given lesser talent, got lesser results, like Miles at Okie State.

Was looking at that 2015. Bama game. We passed 19 times & our Louisiana QB "4 Star" completed 6 of them with an INT. We rushed the ball 26 times. So 19 & 26. But people only remember the rushing gamecfetting stuffed. Were we supposed to keep throwing when the QB couldn't complete a damn pass? Once they took away the passing game. They overloaded the Box. Plus Fournette couldn't break through even when there was a hole. Is that 9,10, 11 men stacked box mean a bad OL?

Alleva sabotaged Les Miles many, many times after the 1-9-12 BCSNC. There are I believe, 3 major national writers who want that story very badly. Dave Aranda would never come here to coach for Ed fricking Orgeron & was pissed when Miles was fired. That's why he is being bribed to stay here.
    Alleva had Jimbo on the horn before the 2015 season.. Do you really think for 1 second Hobo Joe wanted Big Les to win?

I never bought the "We still have a chance" thing after the getting raped on National TV by Bama 29-zip. LSU PR, keeping that "Hope & Pray" alive. Interesting we didn't seen to drop like we used to after a loss don't you think? Hell we just moved up 3 spots in the Coaches Poll, just this week. Last game played was a loss to A&M. hmm.. Alleva is willing to do anything to save that "Investment'" ass. Cause when O goes so does Joe. The NY6 games arec meaningless to me unless we are in the 4 team playoffs. Are you seriously jazzed about playing Central Florida? Or UCF with no QB? I'm not. I'd much rather have played Michigan. We've never played them & they are the winningest team in College Football history. Would have felt like a real game, imo.

Tonight we find out if Miles signed a Butkus Award winner & a Thorpe Award winner in the same recruiting class. Now that's recruiting.

Yes we need to compete with Alabama. We have 25 total wins against them & LSU decided it was "Time to geaux" for the coach with 5 of those wins. Orgeron will never compete with them. He's 0-6 right now & 0-3 at LSU. In fact, now we cab't even score points against them. 2 shutouts in 3 tries. Pitiful.

As for recruiting, the more money paid to 247sports & other fan sites, the higher the ranking goes. Incredible isn't it? When O brings in all these 3-5 Stars, who's gonna put them in the right places on Offense?

When he compared Derrius Guice to Warren Sapp, that should have given people a clue just how far Orgeron is in over his head.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    LSUTiga likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

we ain’t saying the same thing.
    you said A&M was going to Sugar if UGA was selected for the playoffs. I said highest ranked SEC team not in playoffs.
    Bama
    UGA
    UF
    LSU
    Kentucky
    Miss St
    A&M

A&M wasn’t getting that bid if the SEC figured out a way to get 5 teams into a 4 team playoffs.

you also said the committee has “no call”. as in those were your exact words.
    which is just wrong.
    the committee’s ranking is exactly what determines who goes to Sugar.

committee ranks SEC champ 5th or worse, they in Sugar.
    Committee sends SEC champ to playoffs, whoever the committee seems next best goes to Sugar.

the agreement you refer to only says that someone from the SEC goes to Sugar.
    Committee determines who that someone is.

Brian, Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Mo wood.

@TigerTap