For You Stat Freaks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Dec 4, 2018.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

When I was in Iowa, I used to work with Bowlsby's sister. Carry on!

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

You even quoted yourself. :D

But the Facts just don't add up. LSU has put more OL in the NFL than Bama has the past 3 seasons.

Perhaps O's OL baw James Clegg, just sucks as a coach, along with Mickey Joseph, the alleged WR coach?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You've done that a few times in the last few days; used the NFL as the measuring stick for college performance. Apples and oranges. If we're discussing how LSU does in comparison to Alabama, all that matters is what happens on the fields of LSU and Alabama. Tom Brady is one of the 3 greatest QBs in NFL history, but it doesn't change the fact that he couldn't beat out Brian Griese at Michigan.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Because college performance directly affects whether a player gets drafted or not. Yes, there are a few oddballs like Tom Brady or James Wright the LSU WR drafted 7th round, who caught very few passes, but was devastating on Special teams..

You keep pretending that Les Miles somehow let the LOS get weak. That's BS you know it. And it was 3 seasons ago. You don't rush for 1,953 yards (LF7) at 6.5 (YPC) yards & Guice's 436 @ 8.5 (YPC) in 1 season with a shitty OL.

Now, if you want to talk about O's poor recruiting efforts thus far, fine. O tried to defend his. LSU's lowest ranked class since 2002. Would you defend that?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I am convinced that this guy is just a troll... No one can be this moronic.

6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

You're UL Lafayette. Who cares? You tried to pimp fucking Mark Hudspeth on this LSU board. Where is he now dipshit?

Look who I'm asking....a shortbus rider/ teacher.

LSUTiga and fanatic like this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

so if you know your oline is underperforming wouldn’t you lean toward more an offensive philosophy that allows more slant routes, use the backs in space more, etc, to get the ball out quicker or would you run play action on your own goal line?

I believe Steve is doing his best but I don’t think he’s good enough to win the sec

TigerTap likes this.
  8. mctiger

True, but I can't resist responding. Here it comes....

9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

You'll have to explain this to the youngster..he was born in '78..

10. mctiger

I never mentioned Les...you really need to get over him. If you're truly an LSU fan (I've outed you on this repeatedly anyway) then you have to put him in the same category as Nick. Our former coach, thanks for what he did here, but he's gone and he will only return as coach of another team, in which case he shall be Tiger Bait. But I'll play along, and bear with me, it will take a moment to get to the point.

You're quoting Fournette's stats from 2015....In the first 7 games of the year, LF7 averaged 193 yards a game. Then we went to Bama. That night? 43. Did he suddenly suck? No, the offensive line got dominated, and the offense in general got exposed as being entirely one-dimensional, despite having a 4-star QB, and 5 and 4-stars at the WRs. So yes, the OL problems date back to Les, and I personally feel its a strength issue. Oeaux is equally at fault. He's had two offseasons as HC to recognize and address the problem, and hasn't done it. That's the end of the "who's to blame" portion of this post.

Now then, you think Oeaux is incapable of bringing us a national championship, right? Yet, the week before the A&M game, LSU was still considered an outside contender to make the playoffs. Add this thought, before the SECCG last week, a lot of conversation surrounded,"Is Georgia still playoff worthy even if they lose to Alabama?" Now put those two thought together, and what I get is this: Where SEC teams are concerned, there are two grading scales. One measures the season as a whole, the other considers the season minus the Alabama game. Bottom line is this, and this goes for @Kikicaca as well (I love that you two are both quoting stats to make completely opposing arguments, btw): Until LSU can compete with Alabama, everything else is irrelevant. That is, if winning championships matters to you. Stats don't matter, sending players to the NFL doesn't matter. Neither of those things beats Alabama, and until we can do that, we will have to be satisfied with major bowls in years they're not part of the playoff.

As for recruiting, 247sports has our current class ranked 4th in the nation. They're buying what he's selling

TBTrumpet likes this.