For those that are ready for changes already

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 22, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Honestly, if we don't look better than we did against MooU and most of Syracuse it could be a long, painful season. Eaux would have to eat some shit if it goes down bad.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Cuse wasn't that bad TBH. Their 1st touch down was a trick play. Then we got a little tired, Brennan threw that pick and it kind of slipped a bit down the stretch.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I'm ready for Eric Andolsek's and Booger McFarland's. Almost every major college team has talent at the skill positions.... what the mediocre and poor ones lack are killers in the lines. We are presently mediocre.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I think the bottom line here is that some of the fan base needs to hit the reset button on expectations. A football team, while filled with powerful and talented athletes, is somewhat of a fragile organism. How many times have you seen small distractions cause major issues? Just one player can throw wrenches in the engine. This team has experienced widespread changes and some of the failures of leadership past are surfacing in different ways. There is a lot to overcome here while playing in a really tough conference. I believe that some people had expected that a simple change of coach would right the ship out of the gate. But this is a big boat and it’s going to take time.

I believe we have the right leaders in the right places and I believe that our coaches are smart and talented. I also believe they have a good grasp of the issues and are working in the right direction to address them. Take how they are working with Brennan for example. It’s refreshing to see them play the young QB in controlled situations where the outcome of the game is still in question. That’s the way you develop a player and that is different than what we have seen in the past.

Realistically it is not all going to change overnight and certainly not in one season. There is much to be done but the process has begun. We have a tendency to look backwards and apply what we see to the present ignoring the fact that conditions are very different today than they were yesterday. O is a different coach and is taking lessons from the past to make himself a better leader today. He has the talent, the passion and the commitment necessary to lead this team forward.

One step at a time, one challenge at a time. Don’t lose focus, don’t quit. There will be bumps on this road but they are going to get there. I think this staff believes it and I think the kids believe it too. So don’t unfairly pile all the issues on to one plate and call it a bad dinner. There are numerous factors at play. In an on demand, instant gratification style world it’s hard to remember that anything worth having is also worth working and waiting for.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

So, where is Titty City?

6. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Everywhere. You just have to know where to look.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

oh, I thought maybe it was near Twin Peaks

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In between there and Hooters

9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Well said

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Ditto!