For those that are ready for changes already

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 22, 2017.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

And what point might that be?

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

they are still inexperienced, and that is the whole point. I could care less about the actual number the whole point I am making is we are extreamly young. They will make mistakes, still don't see why that gets put on O. As I keep saying give the guy a chance

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. Rouxleaux

I'm tired of repeating myself see above post.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Again he might need to whisper a little louder you know being 0-2 and all.

So you need to really pay attention. I don't remember saying Herman sucked, I did point out he is not doing so hot in a mess in Austin. He will have a tough time over there because they want him to win NOW; and he is blowing it so far by losing to a Maryland team who will go nowhere this year. I will be surprised if he can/will win like they want him to over there. Not my problem. If he did happen to come here I would bet we would having the same conversation about the state of our team.

Did I ever say it is everybody but O's fault. Nope I said again and again don't freaking tar and feather him after 4 games. He didn't get us here, if we don't start making progress in the right direction it is on him. Shit man that is like yelling at the guy trying to get your car out of the mud even though he didn't get it stuck in the first place. I have said this over and over again I will be on board the fire O train if it comes to that but for God sake give him a chance.

What is your obsession with fisher? You really wanted to throw what 5 mil a year at that guy? Yes he lost to a unranked NC state team, after he has been running the show with his whole team in place minus his starting QB. Who actually also is getting the crap beat out of him every game b/c he has no Oline help. (interesting there I wonder how that would have worked here).

O lost big to a team who is likely much better than the cowbells of the 2000's with a 5th year senior who (and this isn't me saying this) many even on this board agree he isn't the greatest option but he is what we have right now. He has a slower release and has no time to throw the ball, not a good combo. Also look there no oline to protect him. Follow me now the o line miles recruited (his baby after all) is the big area of concern right now. But you seem unable to connect that with the cupboard being somewhat scant this is anyone but miles' fault. I don't get that.

I get it you wanted someone other than O to get the HC gig. Sorry that isn't the case, you are going to have to deal with that. I still think we will be fine, but again O needs some time (to clarify I mean 1-2 years).

lsu-i-like and LSUpride123 like this.
  5. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

You really need to check your math. I knew it was bullshit but I just went thru the starting lineups for all four games. 33 different players have started games this season for the Tigers and 10 have been freshman. You know... unless LSUsports.net is wrong too.

Offense
    LT 63 KJ Malone Sr
    LG 78 G. Brumfield Jr
    C 64 Will Clapp Jr
    RG 77 S. Charles Fr
    RT 66 Toby Weathersby Jr
    TE 18 JD Moore Sr
    TE 84 Foster Moreau Jr
    WR 7 DJ Chark Sr
    QB 16 Danny Etling Sr
    RB 5 Derrius Guice Jr
    RB 28 Darrel Williams Sr
    RG 70 Ed Ingram Fr
    WR 19 Derrick Dillon So
    WR 14 Drake Davis So
    WR 83 Russell Gage Sr
    TE 80 Jamal Pettigrew Fr
    TE 44 Tory Carter Fr

Defense
    DE 18 C. LaCouture Sr
    NG 99 Greg Gilmore Sr
    DE 90 Rash. Lawrence So
    LB 4K K. Chaisson Fr
    LB 23 Corey Thompson Sr
    MLB 24 Tyler Taylor Fr
    ROV 40 Devin White So
    CB 1 Donte Jackson Jr
    FS 9 Grant Delpit Fr
    SS 26 John Battle Jr
    CB 29 And. Williams Fr
    DE 96 Glen Logan Fr
    MLB 48 D. Alexander Sr
    NICK 15 Kary Vincent Jr Fr
    NT 95 Ed Alexander So
    LB 49 Arden Key Jr

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

true freshman back up.
    first ever start in a year he wasn’t supposed to see any more than mop-up duty.

the herman wasn’t aimed at you directly.
    but others here have mentioned it.

didn’t say it specifically, but you’re giving him one hell of a pass.

would have been closer to 7, but yes.
    that is how you win in College football.

you find your target and pay what it takes.
    of the guys who were realistically available (Saban, Meyer, Belichick ain’t coming here), he was the absolute best option with a considerable drop off from there.

don’t let him say no.

Georgia just beat them by 4 TDs.

5 guys Miles recruited left.

neither you nor me knows why they left.
    but they left. they’re not here. gone.

that happens during coaching changes, but only at LSU is it the previous guy’s fault.

you want me to not blame O for that one? ok.
    so it’s not his fault.

but i’m also not going to blame a guy that had been gone for 8 games and a chunk of the offseason before they left.

what you don’t seem to get is that when you show up with a ton of baggage, beg and campaign for the job on the premise that all we need is minor tweaks to reach the next level, you get a really short leash.

and so far through 4 games:
    we’ve played sloppy uninspired ball 4 times.
    we got absolutely HOUSED by Miss St.
    was clinging to a 2 point lead at home with 3 minutes to go against a team we should beat by 3 TDs.

When you have titles and a successful track record, under your belt, you get a little breathing room to fix the above because you’ve proven that you’ve done it before.

When you have never in your entire life successfully built even one side of the football, let alone an entire team, you don’t get that benefit of the doubt.

When your only attempt ever at building something is an absolute historic failure (worst winning % in Ole Miss History) your seat heats up the moment it starts turning south. and his compass is pointing at “S” right now.

kcal and StaceyO like this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Miles record of playing freshmen needs to be looked at in halves. The first half of his tenure, he was all about seniority. As he started dealing with sig NFL exodus, recruiting promises, etc, he was forced to start playing freshmen more in the latter half of his tenure as you are eluding to here. It was one of the better adaptations he made during his tenure that was laden with stubbornness and offensive futility.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Sounds familiar to what we have had for years. No experience at QB. Again he is 0-2 in 2017

Ok......

And you are giving him zero chance. Again this is his 4th game as a head coach for US. You expect us to be a NC contender right now? Your delusional if you think Jimbo would have us any different.

Yea no thanks. You are already paying the hat (who currently has us in this rut) a buyout. Then you want to throw money at jimob (who again is 0-2 in 2017). You do realize he was never coming here right? To truly get him here we would have to have gone north of 7, he was playing us to get a bigger contract

Other option is going out side the box and getting someone new (which I admit isn't O). I think throwing possibly upwards of 8 or more mil to fisher would be insane. He has won a NC yes, so did miles. Again fisher is 0-2 in 2017, can you imagine throwing 7 mil or more at a guy and him come here to have a 3-1 record as well? People would be losing their shit.

And NC state got beat by a mid SEC talent South Carolina.

Wow so we are making progress, because before you wanted to put this at O's feet. Also I don't know where you get "but only at LSU its the previous guy's fault". On one hand you say it happens all the time then you say but LSU has some sort of exception. I'm pretty sure if players leave due to coaching changes it is because they don't agree/like/jive/whatever with the new coach. And like you just said "that happens all the time".

I tend to agree with this in a sense. You don't give him 2-3 years but you give him more than 4 freaking games. So you again are ignoring his 6-2 record from last year yet again, right? Also I don't see how you don't see some improvement after each game. Oh yea that's right you already have your panties waded up about not getting your guy.

No we are not setting the damn world on fire and yea I thought we would look better than we have. But hey at least we have some wins in 2017 (unlike jimbo I might point out)

Again ignoring the two stents at USuCk and here going 6-2 each time. Gotta be flukes, yea I know building the and running the ship is different. But by using that as your excuse you also assume the guy has to have more than 4 freaking games. Can't have your cake and eat it too. You either have to include his WHOLE history or at least give him some time on his leash.

Again your opinion about him pointing south now. I think we are seeing improvement that we wouldn't have seen with miles (ie QB play, less penalties, clock management, to name a few. But I get it you don't like the guy you dont think he will succeed, bla bla bla. Your boring me now.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

it does happen all the time with coaching changes.
    probably for various reasons depending on each particular kid.

unfortunately for us they all play the same positions. and that hurts.

the “only at LSU comment” is directed at a few posters here.
    they seem to think they left because Miles was easy on them and baking them cookies every day, but now O is making them work.
    they tend to imply. Basically laying them leaving on Les.

maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t.
    maybe it’s because they don’t fit the scheme Canada was bringing in.
    maybe they felt like they couldn’t beat who is in front of them.
    maybe they don’t like Baton Rouge.

i don’t know, you don’t know.

ok. want me to count his 6-2 last year? no problem.
    he played exactly 2 teams that finished above .500 in conference play.
    scored a total of 10 points and lost both games.
    both at home.

1 (Alabama) he did an absolute spot on Les Miles impersonation.
    The other was marred by his team making costly mistakes at the least opportune time possible (kinda like what happened against State and Syracuse).

want to know his all-time career record against SEC foes with winning records?

OH-FER

10. Rouxleaux

So you backing off on the its all O fault a little now. Interesting. You don't think is perhaps having to be responsible? Could you imagine how many would be jumping ship if saban came back. How he dictates things instead of giving players free reign? Oh and lets not forget how jimbo deals with his team, they can all get a free (kind of free) crablegs, rape (oh sorry accused of rape), and other off the field issues. Your boy didn't handle that so great, kind of a weak reprimand.

No I don't think players left b/c of les I do think players left b/c of O but I think its more of making these kids be more responsible. Up until now the players have had a lot of freedom and have not been held accountable as much as they should be. I think that changed and people didn't like it, and frankly we dont need those kind of players. We need disciplined players so we don't have stupid mistakes on game day. The mental mistakes that were all over the miles era points that out very obviously.

Oh yea your talking about the team who came in 2nd in the country that we damn near beat. You forget we should have beat the gumps last year holding them to no TD with the exception of a holding call that was, not called to allow them to score. We played them better than anyone short of clemson. But your right O is a horrible coach.

I will give you the UF game. So while he was with us last year we had 1 game we didn't play up to potential and win. Yep he is horrible. Too bad he still has a better record than your boy this year.

Man you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to hate on this guy. Seriously we get it you dont like him, you dont think he is a good coach, he probably kicks puppies and eats kittens. Orgeron might be a horrible coach, he might be a great one. You can not go on what has been done you have to look at this team. How many people were on here for so long
    saying give Miles more time, we can't fire miles, bla bla bla. We did that for 10 years, all I am saying is give the guy 2-3 years. Geeze I don't even why I am talking to you any more, it isn't your or my decision at this point. Your and my opinion means nothing. You might need to channel your disdain for him into something more constructive. Other wise It's going to be a long couple of years (at least) for you if not. Maybe you should become a FSU fan

LSUpride123 and lsu-i-like like this.