For those that are ready for changes already

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Yea I hope that was sarcastic also

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The comment was largely tongue-in-cheek, but to see our running game struggling so much, I cannot understand why we are no longer playing a fullback. We have one or two good ones. Maybe we should convert them to o-linemen (that's partially tongue-in-cheek.)

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. StaceyO

You're correct on the QBs, and it was a huge problem with Miles and played more than a small part in his demise--rarely having a good or even serviceable QB.

I suppose the bigger issue is wondering why on earth O ran off so many players. It's not like they were part of a putrid program before. They had been part of a proud, yet stagnant, program. The attrition is troubling. There was a thread about it during training camp where we hoped the lack of offensive line depth wouldnt' be a big deal, but it is.

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The answer to that is we are using our H backs for blocking but they are in motion which is designed to keep the defense guessing if they are blocking are recievers. We dont have true FB's but if you watch the replays like I do you will see we do go into a FB set from time to time.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Ensminger did have us playing pretty good. Nothing flashy, just solid. Converting FB comment made me chuckle.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. StaceyO

You'll understand if I have not had the desire to watch replays.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i didn’t blame O for the QB.
    i even said it’s NOT on him.

Rohan still holds the single season and single game passing records at LSU. He also holds the avg yards per game record as well.
    1st place. not 9th. FIRST.
    Jimbo as OC here has #1, 2, and 4 best passing season in school history.
    a Jimbo QB also holds the record for passing TDs in a season.

Losing*

if losing by 7 to a unranked conference for us proof Jimbo sucks, what does losing by 30 to one prove?

interim HC and running the entire program full time require two different skill sets.

it happens a lot everywhere.
    but only at LSU will the fan base say it’s all 100% the last guy’s fault that people left 7 months after he was no longer here.
    those guys got a most of a season with O under they belt before they bolted on him.

man, we got a lot of guys currently playing in their third straight senior year here.
    allegedly Les only plays seniors, but damn we’ve had quite a few Jr leave early for the draft as 3 year starters.

My Cousin Vinny clip is WAAAAAY better than that Bugs Bunny gif

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Ha Ha yes it's hard for me to but I like to break down the game.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Rohan was awesome!

10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Give you that one he is 9th overall. That is what I was pointing out. Still don't want jimbo. Cough 0-2

Douche*

Sure he is still 9-3 running our program. Also I guess he got lucky 2 times at two different schools. All I am saying is give him a chance. You are so ready to pack his bags and that blinds you to even think that he could succeed here. If this is going south in a year or two I have no problem signing up for the new minions. Sample size is to small

So something just now happened? Please tell me what all of a sudden made them run off? Did they have to grow up and take responsibility for mistakes? Did they realize that if a freshman was better then they might get beat out instead of automatically getting the starting position? "It happens a lot everywhere" makes my point. But here we blame it on the coach barely into the season.

Again we also have a shit ton of freshman playing. You going to blame their inexperience on O to?

I wonder if that had something to do with our inability to use our players to their fullest ability? And having a ton of players that did good in the college ranks and blow it up in the NFL really makes you wonder who was holding them back.

Agree to disagree. Still weak.