For those that are ready for changes already

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 22, 2017.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Kenny Hilliard played a shit-ton his freshman year, as did OBJ. Eric Reid did, too. For that matter, Jalen Collins and Jalen Mills started as freshmen. I don't know if you are looking for 20 at one time, but frankly, the 20 freshmen playing at one time this year is speaking to the relative poor health of the program. Miles, nor Saban before him, had to play tons of freshmen because they had upperclassmen in the program. We currently do not.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

you might want to re-read your original comment.. No one, I repeat, no one said miles started 20 freshman.. Re-read your comment!! Here, I'll quote it for you "He didn't start 20 freshman nor did he ever give playing time to a true freshman. Not meaningful playing time"
    Again, I know old age can be a bitch, but you just posted that shit minutes ago!!!

3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

And why don't we, b/c of poor recruiting / kids leaving (not fitting our current scheme; which happens I get that) Also equating the number of freshman playing to poor health of the program is not really representative as well. The gumps play freshman pretty regular so does tosu. And yes I am looking for 20 true freshman at one time. They are having to step up and yea it is showing with penalties, and blown coverage. This will all work out with time. But again you guys just take this sample size and cash in saying we are done until O is gone. That is just very sad. I have said before and I will say it again I will be all on board the fire O staff if it comes to it. But for God sake give him some freaking time.

I understand if you have your mind made up, that is fine then the conversation isn't going further than that. We will have to agree to disagree. The sample size for him at LSU is not big enough to hold on to this doom and gloom bull shit. I know it isn't going to stop some of you all.

4. Rouxleaux

I stand corrected to an extent. I was talking about meaningful playing time to a young QB.

And I stand by that

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agreed but how can O fix injuries to his all world starting RB and his best defensive lineman and his second best defensive lineman and his best nose guard. The fact that he is playing so many freshman is proof he and his staff know what they are dealing with. Stacey they have fixed the things they can fix. Less penalities, kicking off in the endzone now, better kick coverage, involving more WR's in the offense and only one turnover in 4 games. Only time can fix the rest of our problems.

6. StaceyO

As ExoticGlass pointed out in the post before this one, you not only said Miles never played 20 freshman at a time (and he didn't), but you also asserted that he didn't give freshmen meaningful PT, which he did. That's what I was pointing out. Miles played plenty of freshmen, as do Saban and Meyer...and coaches since the beginning of the era when freshmen were allowed to play. LSU is being forced to play many freshmen this year, and that's causing some growing pains.

Upperclassmen leadership and experience is a big deal.

7. StaceyO

I agree with you about all of that, by the way. It's very tough to go from being a perennial contender to having your coach, a week ago, announce that contending for a championship was never a goal for this team. Even if that is true, should you say it? My daughter's drill team is going for a national championship this year; they do that every year. To go in with anything less is to go in half-assed. Football is certainly the same way.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I can't imagine even you'dve been on board for that. Just hope Canada is building to something better.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't think O would be if he didn't have to.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  10. Rouxleaux

I have corrected what I said and have clarified my point (sometimes work gets in the way of my TF habit). He did not play a freshman QB in meaningful playing time unless he was forced to, EVER. I stand by that. This will help us in the future.

The rest you and I are in total agreement with, and frankly you are making my point. It is hard (this year) to hammer on O mainly because he his having to keep put so many inexperienced player out on the field. He needs some time. I completely 100% agree upperclassmen and leadership is paramount and we are lacking that. In fact the vets we do have don't seem to be stepping up (also troubling)