For all of you wanting Les Miles head and calling for his resignation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HeLsFury, Nov 5, 2012.

1. HeLsFury

HeLsFury Founding Member

All I can tell you, you guys better hope that he stays with the LSU program.
    There are probably 50 other programs that would take him right off your hands at the blink of an eye.

Yes he makes silly mistakes. Yes, LSU should have won the ball game against Alabama.
    But NO other team has played Alabama the way LSU did last Saturday night, and had them beat. None. No other team jammed the ball down their throats the way LSU did.
    No other team shut Alabama down the way the LSU defense did. And no other team will, this year.

What you saw this past Saturday night, was the REAL Championship game. And that was brought to you By none other than Les Miles and the LSU football program.

I'm looking at LSU #7 in the BCS standings. Probably a result of Saturday nights game.
    A two loss team in at number 7 in the BCS??????

You guys should get on your knees and thank your lucky stars you have a coach like Les Miles, who is committed to this team, and has probably had offers to leave this team.
    And he's still here.

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Holy shit, I have to give you props. I did not think you had it in you to admit you were wrong.

StaceyO, northernvatiger and KyleK like this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

ditto

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Wow! What a turnaround. Well-stated post!

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

He deserves blame for the bad, failed calls, but he also should get some credit for the gameplan that yielded 400+ yards of offense.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

HLF, I'll only disagree with one thing in your post; that of this being the Championship game. I think Oregon beats Bama if they get the shot. Now then...the point of your thread gets made several times a year, those times being any time LSU loses or doesn't win by enough points to satisfy a minority of LSU fans who can't get over the fact that Nick Saban is no longer our coach. Is Les Miles the best coach in the business? Hell no. In many respects, yes, Saban is better. But, he does bring in a fine recruiting class of quality football players every year, coaches them up, and wins games. We are in contention for the SEC title, and in the national title conversation, every year. I'm not going to bother to look it up, but I know since Miles has come to LSU, we have one of the highest winning percentages in the nation; we may be number one. So, if LSU let's the fans run off a coach in the face of all that, who are you going to replace him with? Even more to the point, what coach would want to come here and work in front of a fanbase for whom all that was not good enough?

gynojunkie and KyleK like this.
  7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles isn't going anywhere and he is one Hell of a good coach. The problem everyone has trouble wrapping their minds around is that 90% of the time Miles is one of the top coaches in the nation, but 10% of the time he is Forrest Gump wacked out on high grade weed. In 98% of Saturdays game he out coached Saban, the coach that constantly gets his nuts slobbered right here on this board. The LSU coaching staff made great half time adjustments while Satan looked dazed and confused after the break. Haven't seen many articles or posts about how badly the walking penis was out coached by the grass chewer. What happened was that the 2% of the game where Dr Jeckyl turned into Mr Gump had a major impact on the out come of the game. His occasional but too frequent gaffs often over shadow the many things he does very well. Still the overall product he produces is very high grade. The teeth grinding is because if someone could come up with a potion that keeps Mr Gump hidden deep inside Dr Jeckyl multiple championships would be possible. Hopefully Miles continues to learn and does a little better job surrounding himself with coaches that hide his few deficiencies. Until then there will be many 10 win seasons mixed with some head scratching, tv cussing WTF's. JMO

Tiger in NC, gyver and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I appreciate and respect everything you said here. In large part you are right. Miles was a big reason why LSU did make a great game of it, nearly winning a game most didnt think we could. He has done a remarkable job at LSU when looking at wins and losses. Miles has LSU in its golden age. He has done a great job keeping LSU a top ten program. Where many schools that have similar talent have much more up and down success while playing in a lesser conference.

All that said, its the kind of mistakes he makes. The mistakes Miles makes are mistakes that shouldnt be consistently made by a coach at a major college. Its the unwillingness to makes changes(personel wise). Its the inconsistency in play calling. The clock mis-management. Its also how undisciplined the team is.

I also know that some fans(me included) are often very emotional over football. We expect the product to be a certain way. Sometimes the talent isnt quite where we think it really is. Our expectations may not always be realistic. However its hard not to be frustrated when you see how LSU plays against Bama and S Carolina but looks avg or crappy against everyone else.

With other teams like say Texas, you know what they are. You know their ceiling and their valley. With LSU one game they look like a potential natinoal champion, yet at other times they barely look top 25.

9. HeLsFury

HeLsFury Founding Member

I disagree wholeheartedly.
    You think Oregon with their weak schedule would put up 30 points on Alabama, or Lsu for that matter?
    Clearly the two best defensive teams in the nation. I can only hope I don't have to sit thru an Oregon vs Alabama BCS national championship game.
    It will be a complete mismatch, if it happens.

The way I see it, the only team in college football that gives Alabama a run for the money, played them, had them beat, but lost the game Last Saturday night.
    Everyone else , ranked ahead of LSU in the BCS standings , gets steamrolled.

gynojunkie likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yea I don't know if Oregon's Oline and QB has what it takes.

Great post though hellsfury