Football spring practice

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The internet is as bad as TV. Got to have damn commercial before you can watch any video. And those pop-up ads! At least TV doesn't have the pop-ups. At least until they
    they figure out how to do it.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They have them Al. They are called commercials.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

[hijack]I've found using Chrome or Firefox--with their text only options--eliminates a lot of that bullshit. It actually makes sites like 247 readable. [/hijack]

lsu-i-like and mctiger like this.
  6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I like the energy, lets see how that translates on the field. The accountability will only help these guys, I really doubt any QB worth his salt is going to get butt hurt over a little correction. In fact they probably welcome it.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Liked this for the hijack flag. Now back to football...anyone else see this article? Love the anecdote at the beginning, but its very clear throughout that the offense will be nothing like we've seen for the last 10 years.
    http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_de38f034-08fa-11e7-912f-07ceb2d660bb.html

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

and FINALLY we might get to see something different. Finally. August can't get here fast enough.
    t

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

A recent Fournette stat, obtained from a current NFL scout by former scout Chris Landry , lends credence.

Landry said the scout told him that based on film breakdown, Fournette faced 8-man-plus defenders in the box on 67 percent of his 616 college running attempts. That included 22 percent against 9-plus defenders in the box.

"The average for this many (8-plus) defenders is 31 percent, so the attention placed on Fournette by defenses is unusually strong and reflective of LSU's unimaginative and poor passing attack," Landry wrote. "In essence, due to the offense he played in, Fournette was game planned for twice as much as any other back in the college game, making his productivity that much more impressive."

And you wondered how Fournette barely made it back to the line of scrimmage against mighty Alabama the last two seasons when he averaged 25.5 yards on 13.0 carries?

"I always liked playing LSU because you could just lineup and play them," Alabama defensive end Jonathan Allen told me last December at the ESPN College Football Awards in Atlanta. "They never changed anything.

Just think it took some here almost 15 yrs to start considering les might be a problem with the offense.

Eta: I bet one was @mobius.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017