Football Position Changes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 24, 2010.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Claiborne is going to be a good one, and if he develops like the coaches expect this Spring then Eugene wouldn't be starting at CB anyway. If Claiborne doesn't develop, Jai will move back to CB. I read that his height was taken advantage of as a CB, which won't be an issue as a Safety.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Any conformation on DeAngelo Peterson back to WR? I have not seen this.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A lot of successful position changes have already been pointed out. If the player had been great at their position they wouldn't be moving. It's just a crap shoot as to whether they'll be better at the new position. Many players end up having less than stellar careers, and I would guess that the % is slightly higher for guys that switch positions.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He will get some looks at WR in certain packages but will mainly play TE. That is the position he has played everyday since practice started. We will probably shift him out to WR from time to time.

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Jai Eugene got moved to safety because Claiborne is such a freak at the CB position. Claiborne is simply to good to keep off the field.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Okay, well it's not that unusual to have a TE split out to WR on occassion - he's still a TE.

I'm curious to see how he does this year. Who else do you think gets PT at TE? I've heard Clement is looking good there.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yeah some just ran with it when Miles mentioned him getting more looks while splitting out.

As of now it Deangelo is ahead of the pack and Clement has or will bypass Edwards and Joseph. Been the best blocking TE in the Spring so far out of the bunch.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Sounds like lots of two-TE sets in the scrimmage yesterday.

Dickson split out in 5 WR sets a good bit, and Florida used Hernandez split out quite a bit. I imagine Peterson fits the idea of a big guy who can run and force some mistmatches.