Football Position Changes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 24, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Quote from Patrick Peterson on Mo Claiborne.

“Young guy, Morris Claiborne, is gonna be pretty good. He’s just gotta get in there and learn the schemes … Right now, he’s pretty good with the press. He can run with anybody, he’s got world-class speed. I’m excited to see him play, more than he’s excited to see himself play.”

we may have the 2 best corners in the SEC next season.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It will be a battle between Downs and Pep. Pep is getting the upper hand right now with Downs not practicing right now. Nevis is obviously the other starter. Brockers will get a lot of PT in the rotation as well.

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think LSU is better off starting Nevis/Pep and rotating in Downs, Brockers, and Davenport. All will see a lot of PT. The reason I like Nevis and Pep to start over Nevis/Downs is because we then have more size early on when everyone is fresh. At the end of the game I think Nevis/Downs are the guys because of their quickness. I like how LSU rotates their DL, one thing they do a great job of. I think Aghayere and Edwards have a ton of potential. Although neither is the super quick edge rusher weve had in the past. Its more like '03 with Spears/Hill and having two big DEs.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I like drawing multiple comparisons to the 2003 defense. :yelwink2::yelwink2:

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I really like the move putting Eugene at Safety. I have been hearing that Patrick Peterson is excited about having Claiborne starting at the other corner. Jai never had a problem tackling, but he struggled in coverage, hopefully this move will work out for him. Oh and Mastermind i guess you were right, about Claiborne being the other starting corner, kudos man.

I have also been hearing that Peterson will be returning punts this year, and Shepard, Randle, and Rob Brooks will be returning kicks. Anyone else hear this?

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Kelvin Sheppard = Lionel Turner
    PP = Corey Webster

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i would think shepard would have the skill set most suitable for PR--hands, shiftiness and speed. id also be a little scared having randle on KR.

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Hope they blitz and win a :crystal: like 03

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Peterson said it himself that he would be returning punts, even though it is the spring.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im happy to see Shepard on special teams, although I feel he is tailor made for PR. Super quick, with electrifying moves. Should be interesting to see Peterson back there.