Football Position Changes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 24, 2010.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think of guys like Josh Reed, Devery Henderson, Marcus Spears, Corey Webster, and Harry Coleman right off the bat. I'm sure if I spent some time thinking about it, I could come up with a few more that were pretty successful. True, sometimes it doesn't work out, but I would say that quite often it does.

I guess my point is that I think it ends up being a wash.

2. NorfolkVaTiger

NorfolkVaTiger Founding Member

Quinn Johnson was recruited by Nick Saban to be a LB, and Les Miles convinced him to switch to being a pretty good FB.

Joe Barksdale from DT to right OT....

I think you could make a really long list of guys that switched positions in college and turned out ok.

3. chewie

chewie Glitched

This. That dude's making lots of bread in the NFL because he made the move to FB. I think everyone here misses big #45 blowing up linebackers all day after watching last season.

4. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

noticed he didn't mention Worle or Allen for the FB position. I know Worle isn't on campus yet. But what about Allen?

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He has pretty good ball skills, too. He's athletic, fast, quick, etc. He has everything you look for in a DB except the ability to flex and pivot around on his hips and he's not very good at tracking the ball once he's turned his back to the QB. All signs point to a position where he will be able to face the backfield like FS.

I like Brandon Taylor at CB better than I like Jai...

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Excellent points about Eugene. Spot on.

I dont think Taylor is a CB either though. LSU will have to find some quick. Claiborne has potential but we dont have anyone thats remotely proven after that.

7. dudley

dudley oops!

That's the spot I thought Mingo would be perfect for. Guess not.:nope:

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I bet you that when all is said and done...Brandon Worle will start as a true freshman at fullback. Unless he reports out of shape or something. I think he's potentially the best combination of blocking and running around. I believe that his running ability will separate him from the rest. The fact that Miles moved Theriot from LB to FB says something about Dominique Allen's readiness...and Worle seems ready to knock some SEC heads off from the get go.

It all depends on what he's doing to physically get himself ready for the SEC right now. If he's ready now, I think he could see the field before Ware.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

So far I'm really impressed with what I'm hearing. Miles has assessed our needs, is addressing them, and is making it known no position on the field is safe. That if you wanna play for his team frosh to senior, your gonna have to earn your spot. Moving key athletes into positions that they could have greater impact. Miles is taking no prisoners. I love the intensity. We'll see how this plays out. Gonna be fun to see it develop.

10. 07Tiger

07Tiger Founding Member

I hope he really is going to do what he says, making no position safe, but he has said all this before. I think it should always be like that, every practice, and every game, they are fighting for their position. Like I said, I hope it is true, but I'll believe it when I see it.