Food Trucks

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by red55, Jun 13, 2012.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Will try. I'll tell her red sent me. *grin*

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

www.brwroundup.com

A bunch of BR food trucks meet up each Wednesday for the Baton Rouge Food Truck Roundup. Various places.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Have you tried any of them? I didn't know BR had food trucks like that, I am definitely excited to try some of them out.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I've gone several times... Very good food for the most part, some a little pricey for a Food Truck. Good idea to bring a beverage as they usually only have cans of soda. They are occasionally at the Tin Roof Brewery, which is nice.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

6. stevescookin

In a city where the major part of sales tax comes from restaurants, I doubt they'll succeed.

The biggest problem is about smoking. You can't smoke in a restaurant, but a food truck can set up in front of a bar and sell food where you can smoke?

Don't think so.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The difference in regard to smoking is one is inside, the other is outside. Of course, you knew that.

8. stevescookin

No......the problem is that all the bars are going to sell food on their premises. And the street in front of their property is still their premises.

Trust me...no way any food trucks will be able to operate freely in New Orleans.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Well make up your mind. You said it was about smoking. I addressed that and now you say it's something else.

10. stevescookin

It's about a lot of things. Smokers go to restaurants but can't smoke...because of a very stupid law that was sponsored by do gooders that want to impose smoking temperance on the public. The liquor lobby sided against the restaurants because they wanted to serve food in the bars to smokers...and this no smoking in restaurants is a form of unfair competition created by governmental interference in the free market. Bars are going to operate food trucks in front of their establishments thus making the bar a smoking restaurant.

Now, the restaurant industry is going to face even more pressure if the government lets food trucks come in without much limitation.

I think the solution is

1) Allow smoking in restaurants
    2) Allow food trucks, but with reasonable restrictions. A food truck for example shouldn't be able to park too near a restaurant. They also should have the same regulations that restaurants have.