Flying Mallards

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Aug 11, 2012.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Ok it was teal when it was hot as hell I remember that, along with the not cute camo hat I had to wear with some bug screen covering my face which only seemed to trap bugs in instead of keep them out.....seeing my BFs dog pick up all the birds was the best part for me.

So once these birds are adults are they just gonna fly off?

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Not if you yank enough of their primaries out. :eek:

3. tigerchick46

Steve I am not sure what you mean alot of times, like when I see your avatar and I'm also not sure if I shouldn't think you are weird........I say that affectionately of course.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You're a good judge of character. :)

The primaries I'm referring to are the Primary feathers...you clip them and put them here...

[​IMG]

5. tigerchick46

So cutting the big feathers and they can't fly! Got it.......hate to sound like a liberal but that's gotta suck for the duck.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If they're raised on your place they'll fly around but not leave. I had a friend who had a pond and would raise 50 and let kids hunt them for duck season. They'd shoot, ducks would up and around (like the planes in the funnel waiting to land at JFK) and come right back.

Watching a dog is awesome. When I had one I would hunt FOR them. I enjoyed watching my dog more than anything. I had a dam good chocloate lab I trained myself. I'd sit in the blind and watch him. If ducks came around the pond his head would turn and he'd watch them, letting me know. He'd pick up two ducks on a run- big bastard.

When I got married things were tight and I had to sell him. Got a lot of money for him but most importantly I sold him to a guy 5 miles away who also hunted every day. It was still painful but I knew I'd have to part with him sooner or later. At least this way I wouldn't have to bury him. I went to see him once but couldn't bring myself to walk up to his cage. Felt like I'd betrayed him.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

male birds are almost in every case much more colorful. even a peahen and peacock. the dudes have to attract the bitches in almost every animal. except humans. i suppose god just made us smarter in order to run shit to attract the ladies.

but to see the colors up close on a male wood duck or many other species is pretty incredible. the colors can be magnificent. now about tips on your birds, cook them the same way you would a good hen.

8. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

9. tigerchick46

You really hit this one out the park, guys aren't just utility vehicle Jeeps we'd use you really are special creatures. Especially when:

Y'all fight or maybe take off that extra medium shirt when you should be wearing a XXXL to cut your grass a la my neighbor every Friday, equally impressive is showing us how much you can drink, eat, fart and pick your noses....truly magical when you do it all in synchronicity. MMMMMMMM It lights my world on fire seeing guys with gloves, compression shorts and those sexy lifting belts on in the weight room screaming and grunting showing us how big and strong you are and how many "plates" you can lift. But what really makes me go into the dead cockroach position is hearing guys talk about themselves and how great/rich/strong and masculine they are........gawd y'all are amazing :)

So Tiga, how's the birds?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i go shirtless actually.

I was raised a gentleman and do none of that in front of another person except eat. Although you bitches wouldnt know that from this forum.

Lifting weights is a good thing minus the drama. Im not sure what compression shorts are and gloves arent needed. Im a gentleman at the gym as well.

you should stop overanalyzing guys and let me tell you whats wrong with you instead. But yeah I hate people who discuss their money or job incessantly.

martin rarely discusses his trust fund which i respect.

tigerchick46 likes this.