First Female SEAL candidate.....quit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 9, 2017.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"On Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 the first female to gain entry to the SEAL Officer Assessment & Selection (SOAS) program voluntarily quit. The three-week course began Monday, July 24th, 2017 in San Diego, California home of the Navy SEAL training base, and by Wednesday it was all over for this candidate. Making history, in the summer of 2017 the US Navy accepted its first female officer candidate into the Naval Special Warfare officer screening pipeline called the SEAL Officer Assessment & Selection program, which is a very early stage screening process designed specifically for SEAL officer candidates."

I hope the experiment is over.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Que the firestorm of standards are sexist.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

reference the google story from over the weekend, as to what happens when you point out differences between males and females

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

With SOAS and BUDs, it's not even about the physical standards, it's about having the mental ability to block your own survival instinct. I don't believe women are that tough.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I know the story you are talking about and that dude is an idiot. Not so much for what he wrote but for how he distributed it. If you write an internal memo disparaging the policies your company has, then you should probably expect to be fired. I agree that Google's policies, if they are what he said, are oppressive and ridiculous. They take PC to a whole other level. However, if Damore wanted to really take a stand, then quit, take your notes to the media, and go for it.

Now, back to the first female who quit. The experiment needs to end.

shane0911, Winston1 and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It wont. People cannot accept we are different. We have moved on from equality and moved to "equity".

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed,
    That's what I to my lady said.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's not even like that my green and yellow friend. Before you do your first timed 5 mile run, you get doused in ice water and completely buried in the sand. And then when your body temperature is significantly lowered you do that 5 miles with sand in your ass crack and your boots. I don't think a woman is going to survive that. And clearly she didn't. There's a reason why and we should all be happy about that because ultimately it means the people who do the job are safer because of it.