FINALLY! Our whorish mainstream media reports on the memo

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 6, 2005.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is exactly my opinion on the current war. i think this is by far the strongest argument for the war. all other arguments are not really relevant.

i actually dont think the war in 1991 should have ever happened, but since it did, i think we should finish it.

its not like i am some blind follower of bush and the pro-israael religious right, bush is just right about iraq.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

So we should have just sat back and watched sadam take kuwait? Who would have been next?

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Martin, I am a bit perplexed at your 1991 comment as well.

What exactly should we have done? Stayed out while he tried invading another country?

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

As much as I can listen to him. Which is not so often unfortunately.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I would like to go to one of his live events. I don't know why, I've just always liked him and his style.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes. for all i care everyone can kill each other as much as they want. it is not my business. i think we should be isolationist. i agree with pat buchanan on foreign policy issues for the most part, except i think that once we make a mistake and get involved, we should stay involved until all our enemies are dead.

i dont feel like it was our job to liberate kuwait. let the world fight themselves. who knows, maybe the kuwaitis could have joined rebel iraqis and overthrown saddam. maybe saddam would have overextended himself and never needed our intervention.

besides, getting involved definitely increased terrorism against us. terrorists hate us for intervening in their holy lands. for stationing troops in holy places and such. for befriending israel. mistakes. you cant reason with religious zealots, so you should stay out of their way.

i do not question our motives for liberating kuwait. i just think we are too nice for our own good and should let things self regulate.

we should always be so powerful that everyone knows we are merciless and brutal and not to be ****ed with. we should never fight, and when we do, we should leave no one alive.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

furthermore, i think the cold war was brilliantly managed. just be strong, and make more and more bombs, and let our superior free market system take us to victory. be so powerful that to mess with us is suicide. eventually our system of freedom and democracy will create wealth and we will watch the other guy collapse or have a revolution.

especially now, as information can be exchanged so easily, it will be harder for repressive regimes to keep their people repressed. people can see how great freedom is on their satellite.

the only thing that can really block advancement and freedom in the coming information age will be the irrationality of religion.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

First of all, Rex is nothing more than someone with a lot of hot air that must listen to Air America!
    Rex, what do you do for a living?
    Are you for or against the Military?
    Are you for securing the borders?
    Are you for or against the NRA and people having guns?
    I read this whole thread....

Second of all,
    I gave Martin props and I totally agree with him with everything EXCEPT the statement
    about religion.
    I agree with him and Pat Buchanan about isolationist.

We sure as hell could then use our troops to secure our borders...

BUT WAIT,
    I don't think any president whether a Republican or Democrat would ever approve of that.
    That would cost too many votes and some people would say we are discriminating against certain races.

WE NEED TO STOP THE THIEVES from crossing the border though?
    I'm talking about criminals crossing the borders too not just the average person.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Hey Rex,

[​IMG]

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

isolationism is sort a rare stance for conservatives to take. it is interesting to me that pat buchanan thinks the way he does. same thing with sourdoughman. but i guess i should not be suprised, SDman and i agree on all political issues that dont relate to religion.