Finally, a Finley

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Seriously. I always wondered how other schools could have freshman quarterbacks play solidly and we have 3& 4 yr quarterbacks come in and shit the bed.

Dude has a presence on the field that Brennan’s stats cant shadow. He’s my starter this week if I’m Oeaux. MB to the transfer portal.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Not so fast my friend.

I think he had a really good showing but the fast execution plays (not to be confused with hurry-up) helped him not get exposed by the O line. Guy has a great arm and made good decisions in a compressed window. Ive felt BJ could do same if given the right calls. TJs size is an advantage in RPO because BJ is little threat to run without serious injury (current situ included).

tzanghi likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brennan set the LSU records for most yards and TDs in the first 3 starts by a quarterback. He is the only LSU quarterback to throw for over 300 yards in his first 3 starts. If we had never had Joe Burrow we would consider Brennan a superstar. Now everybody wants to bench him for a true freshman who had one good game with a dumbed down offense. We were playing South Carolina. I want Brennan to be at the helm vs Alabama and Florida.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

agree... throw in a pick 6 and a ko return for td and it looks a bit different.

y’all slow yer roll....

Hou-duco and furduknfish like this.
  5. msully

msully Founding Member

Vandy and South Carolina would make you look great . He is and he is a keeper. Auburn will be a lot Vandy and South Carolina don't you agree

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont think "everyone" wants this.

I think it is clear that TJ is a special talent and now that our Offense is "opened" up we are going to have a hard time keeping too many "elite" QBs on campus. Plus, we have more elite kid coming in next year. "NCAA penalties pending"... THANKS MILES!

TJ might sit another year, but we can't expect him to wait like Brennan did. Brennan seems to have been here for a long time already and this kid looked just as mature right out the gate.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

The offense overall looked better last night. That doesn’t mean it’s because of TJ. Let’s just let it all play out. I am a hell of a lot more confident in our backup QB situation then I’ve ever been before. At the very least, last night takes the pressure off bringing MB15 back before he is 100%. Although I’m not sure how I feel about his 1st start back being against Bama. That means it will have been 35 days since he played a snap of football.

Just imagine. TJ plays well next week, we beat Auburn. Have a bye, and start MB15 against Bama who kicks the shit out of us. Rather than blaming our defense, fans start to call for Finley. This could be disastrous for Brennan.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have to take into account that Finley wasn't running the full playbook. Just the plays he was good at in practice. Can he beat Auburn if the defense holds them under 40? I don't know. We know that Brennan could as long as Lineham or Ensminger doesn't call bonehead red zone plays.

And 14 of LSU'S points came on the pick 6 and the kickoff return

Hou-duco and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I’m all for Myles remaining our starting QB. And like O said, if he isn’t ready, we have a backup who looks about as good as you could expect a 3* true freshman to look.

Hou-duco likes this.
  10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Sista Golden Hair emits weakness