Final weekend scenarios that affect the final 4

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 28, 2017.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So what is known is that the Miami/Clemson and Auburn/Georgia winners are going to be in the playoffs.

So that leaves two spots.

What is also known is that if Oklahoma beats TCU and Wisconsin beats Ohio State, they are in and Alabama is left out (even though most on that committee would probably say they are one of the top 4 teams in the nation). I mean, come on, Alabama is clearly better than Wisconsin and I'd definitely say Oklahoma as well. The only team I'd declare better than Alabama is Auburn based on what I saw last weekend.

So it comes down to two scenarios that get Alabama in the playoffs.

TCU beats Oklahoma, Alabama is in. Guaranteed.
    OR
    Ohio State beats Wisconsin, does Alabama get in over Ohio State? I say definitely so based on the terrible loss to Iowa by Ohio State. They have also look suspect in a few other games. Not to mention they have actually lost two games.

One thing to keep in mind was how the committee very carefully placed Wisconsin at 4. So Ohio State sitting at 8 beating number 4 doesn't scream jump them all the way to 4 necessarily. I was actually a bit surprised they did not leave Alabama one spot ahead of Wisconsin (which is what I predicted in this week's playoff ranking).

TCU and USC have no shot. No matter what they do on Saturday.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

TCU could beat OK but I doubt they will. Ohio State will beat Wisconsin. It will kill the committee members souls not to be able to take Bama and the Buckeyes but they can't find a way. Gumps will be in.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The sooner D is porous but damn they can score on anyone. It would only take a couple stops and I'm not sure any of them could keep up. With that said TCU is just the type of assholes to screw it up and let bama in.

I am not however sold on your love for the gumps. They are not really as good as everyone wants them to be. If I didn't hate them so passionately I'd say I wanted them in just to see their dreams crushed once again but screw that. I want them left out and I don't care how it happens.

4. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Depends on what Ohio State shows up. They could very possibly shit the bed again like at Iowa. They are a doctor jeckyl mr Hyde team this year.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. shane0911

What is the status of Barrett?

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Aub loses, Bama in, sawwee UGA.

7. shane0911

I wish there was an unlike button

COTiger and ehusson80 like this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Or maybe a Go to Your Room button.

ehusson80 and shane0911 like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The fix is in, baw.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

If Auburn loses to Georgia which will most likely happen that will put LSU in second place in the west. Much better grab at a bowl game I suppose. By end week I expect Clemson to lose to Miami. Auburn will lose to Georgia and Ohio State will beat the brakes off Wisconsin.'
    1. Oklahoma
    2. Alabama
    3. Georgia
    4.Miami
    Lets just see how spot on I am with this. Miami gets in over Ohio State because they only have 1 loss....

COTiger likes this.