Fight On Coach!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 14, 2017.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

My concern is recruiting, it's already taken a bit of a dip in his first full recruiting season.

We keep losing 4 to 5 games a year and then your very best in state recruits start getting poached? There is where the real problem sets in.

Hopefully things get turned around.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If he has a good season I hope recruits take notice. I’m hopeful again that O was a legit hire.

3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

It might help that O is a good recruiter himself, right?

4. lsu-i-like

You’d think; that’s one of his selling points in getting the job.

MikeInLa likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Want good recruiting? Than dont call for firing O after 7 games. No recruit wants to go to a school thinking the coach may be fired once he commits. Some here are already talking about firing him or giving him "little time". Kids want to go to stable programs. I was disappointed with the start of the season too and had my doubts but was willing to give O this and next year unless there was a total collapse. We didn't collapse we have gotten better beating both Fla and Aub. You think any kid wants to go to Tennessee right now? Same with Ark. Butch has had 4 years and Belima 5 years to prove himself. Some here have given O seven games.

MikeInLa, TigerSnarl and stevescookin like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Alabama pays their athletes better

furduknfish and Rouxleaux like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

You think the cream of the crop wanted to play for Miles? They started bolting for Bama more and more.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Shame you sell yourself short. Anything is possible. It just depends on you. It goes beyond wish and hope. And it’s also a shame that you don’t have faith. But you must know that faith is not given. Faith is something you hold in your heart. Faith gives you hope which paves the way to belief.

And if you believe...

Well anything is possible.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Except for LsSalle banging Ariana Luna.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Recruits were leaving the state of Louisiana for Alabama and others long before talks of firing CLM let alone Coach Orgeron. Irrational college football fans approval of their HC has a much smaller impact on recruiting than people think. Money has a much larger impact than people actually believe.

As for angry fans, there are schools across the country that want their HC fired, every year! This year? It's already: Tennessee, Arkansas, A&M, Oregon State, Nebraska, Auburn, Florida, both Arizona schools and there will be more (lot of season left).

Hell, at the start of the season Notre Dame fans were ready to cut bait with Kelly and still may be if they lose 3 more games.

The hang over from Les Miles had our fan base very inpatient regardless of who our new coach was. The incompetence of Joe Alleva just adds insult to injury in that regard. Even the biggest of Coach O haters knows he isn't getting fired after his 1st season. That's just ridiculous.

Don't get fooled, the media starts all this shit to begin with. Paul Finebaum and Barrett Sallee are the 2 biggest dickhead trolls on the planet. They literally have a segment each week dedicated to talking about the firing and hiring of SEC coaches. Today's discussion was that Bret Bielema won't be fired this season because there will be so many other potential openings, Arkansas won't be able to compete for a good coach. That's how damn ridiculous their segment is. Then.....they will turn it all around on the fan bases calling them ungrateful and delusional.

ParadiseiNC, lsu-i-like and ROY_LA_CA like this.