Fight On Coach!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

And that jackass in Texas too:D

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Well said

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

this pleases me... and better than some other guy in Texas too!!!

ehusson80 and Rouxleaux like this.
  4. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

My next door neighbor, and FSU Alum was not happy yesterday that he was having to sweat out a game against Duke.

In an "on demand satisfaction" society it's sometimes hard to remember that the color of the grass on the other side can sometimes be distorted by the perspective of the lens.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

fortune cookie?

Richdog and Bengal B like this.
  6. Tiger420

Up front I will say that I have not read all of your posts or all of the posts of the others who are not sold on O. Therefore, I don't have a full grasp on your position but I will try to respond to what you have posted here. And since you grouped "us who aren't sold on Orgeron" together, I will address this as a group concept. I would contend that the bad rap was earned by those who have been pessimistic and down right negative about Coach. It's not THAT this group isn't completely sold on him. It is the WAY that most people have carried that opinion that has created the "rap". If the posts were critical but constructive then that would be one thing. However, most of what I have read has been to illustrate what a failure he is, how we made the wrong hiring decision, he is in over his head, he is going to fail miserably and let's buy out his contract so we can move on to another Coach who will bring us instant results and championships.

So if you truly want him to succeed then take a more constructive, progressive approach. Swap out the lens and look at this a little differently. I said in my earlier posts that I understand some people experience a sort of relief, a sort of joy in venting frustrations and misery. But that's not going to lead you where you want to go. You can't say you WANT someone to succeed but don't have any faith that they will. If you want them to succeed then try adding some faith. You have two opposing forces in your position. Try truly wanting them to succeed by also having faith in their ability to succeed as well. It's pretty impressive what happens in life when you align forces in the same direction.

And after watching yesterday's game, I feel pretty damn good about all of these Tigers proving you wrong. I didn't see a bunch of guys with a WANT to win but no FAITH in their ability to win.

Damn right that team believed.
    And the results prove it.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I thinks it a bit more reasonable than you’ve noticed, but the loudest critics are easiest to remember. Some of the loudest aren’t taken real seriously by most here, at least when their rhetoric is way over the top.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Wow. So well stated/written. This really summarizes the psychological divide at play here.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  9. Tiger420

A good point. It's the extremes that get us fired up the most. There are more positions than just the far ends on either side.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See I disagree with that premise. I want to bang Adriana Lima. It's not gonna happen though. You can wish and want and hope, doesn't make it so. Best case scenario is Orgeron wins SEC and national championships here. I want that to happen, I hope that happens, Is it going to happen? I very highly doubt it. I don't have faith because Ive been given no reason to have any.

I've seen people say fire him now and yada yada yada, pay the buyout and blah blah blah but that's not gonna happen. Anyone with any sense knows he will be here for at least 3 seasons, so what's the point of screaming for his head.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.