February Signing Day 2021

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Feb 3, 2021.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think O gets a pass for underperforming in 21 because there is damn near an entirely new staff. Coordinators here on promotion. But I don't think LSU underperforms. The only question I have is whether O gets too involved with the game plan trying to shape his coordinators. For the good or the bad, this all remains to be seen. Gonna be a crazy season, that is almost guaranteed.

Brian likes this.
  2. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

What is the deal with Myles Brennan? Is he retiring or something?

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No idea what you are talking about. You are supposed to be the one we call "scoop"

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

His injury has mysteriously lingered and not gone away to the point that it’s worrisome for his future. Also the crew who thought TJ should start over Myles now thinks MJ should start over Myles, even if Myles is healthy...

BayouBengal014 and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

furduknfish and MobileBengal like this.
  7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I come here to get the scoop

furduknfish likes this.
  8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Last I've heard he's still recovering and about 80% or so. There was a lot of smoke when it didn't improve that it could ultimately be a freak career ending deal but that has faded. Surgery simply wouldn't have helped anything so it has to heal on its own. Those muscle tears in that area is the abdomen are just real pains. So no one knows how he'll look once recovered.

Cole Lourd was set to choose LSU but Sark at the last second sold him on Texas, but he's a major legacy there. We're gonna ride with Nuss and Max along with a recovering Myles and a hopefully on board TJ.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't see TJ sticking around. He has great potential but to realize it he needs to be under the tutelage of a QB guru full time. I would hate it but I could see him going to aTm or Old Piss.

I love the guts of Max and he has the football IQ you would expect of the son of a Superbowl winning QB. But the way he runs he is an injury just waiting to happen.

Nussmeier could be the next Joe Burrow for all I know but the fact is I really don't know anything about him.

I'm rooting for blond Jesus. The kid has certainly paid his dues and was on fire until the injury. Even if he is a 100% by fall what kind of football shape will he be in? Spring practice is right around the corner but it would be criminally foolish to let him participate in any more than rehabilitation and some throwing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

The problem for TJ is that he’s going to slide further and further down the depth chart each year he stays because the talent we have coming in is getting increasingly better at QB.

Brian and Bengal B like this.