February Signing Day 2021

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Feb 3, 2021.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Supposedly we told him to screw off when he was committed but refused to sign in December. Not sure I buy that one, really, but it does not seem like we’re getting him.

2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Yea, when you look at the roster now, OL is not nearly as big of a concern as it was. 2022’s line will be full of young OL, but highly touted guys, nonetheless. And the Recruiting class coming in next year should be full of bodies, although it’s hard to gauge the talents at this point.

lsu-i-like and kcal like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you buy that one I can get you a great deal on some worthless swamp land. Even if he didn't sign in December Oeaux and the coaching staff are still kissing his ass and trying to get his name on the paper.

Who the hell knows what these prima donna kids are going to do from one day to the next

shane0911 likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not too much. I was pretty impressed most of 2019. Oh, I mighta shit talked Aranda.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think we expect 2 and maybe some transfers. But if we have a bunch of seniors who stayed for 21, that doesn’t help 22.

We got 1 DT and 4 DEs; isn’t DT a position of need?

Seems like same shit, different year.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

If you look at the roster, we had areas of need everywhere because of early departure. Still falls on the same shoulders, but I see it as less of a recruiting 2021 problem and more of an active roster management problem. But O is willing to learn from his mistakes, so he seems to be making an effort at re-recruiting and is going after OL hard in 2022. This is why I like him. He hurt us by not getting some of the 2019s to come back but he learned and is trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Davis and Foreman stayed home for reason. Think covid is a huge role in all this. Ricks and Arik and all the kids expect a full Tiger Stadium and wild campus night life and making BR their new home by creating amazing memories. Hard on every college kid to be away from home and confined to a dorm room. Then you are getting tested for weed with such a zealous nature as LSU does.. it's why you're seeing us over 2022 Louisiana kids at a record rate right now. World isn't necessarily going back to normal anytime soon.

Don't think we told Raesjon to hit the bricks, but I also think the staff wasn't as high on him as maybe some are.

Right now O has repeatedly said a transfer linebacker is a priority and BTJ is a take. Think you'll see the last scholarship of those two are taken left open until it's needed.

The 5 star kid from USC who went into the portal in December is a possibility among others. There's the Clemson kid and the Tennessee kid.

https://247sports.com/player/palaie-gaoteote-iv-85911/

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't follow recruiting very closely during the year. I've got the NSD special on the SECN on. ESPN has us ranked as the #6 class & Rivals #4. Unfortunately, Bama is #1 in both.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That appears to be zero.

Bizarre recruitment of a player seemingly self recruiting for LSU for several months. And then my guess is Pelini happened.

Brian likes this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

They always are. Not sure if I buy the recruiting rankings, much like I do not pay much attention to the early poll rankings. All a bunch of speculation and prom queen crap until the end of the year. Just win and it takes care of itself.